Van insurance

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Diwrnach, Apr 27, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

With NFU mutual on my pick up, its obviously commercial use insurance, but it doesn't cover me to drive anything else which is annoying and is I think quite expensive, just went to get a quote on an old dispatch just to see and they wanted just under £600 fully comp with breakdown cover which I think is ridiculous!

So who are you with? will need to insure two vehicles eventually, is there some kind of business vehicle insurance you can put multiple vehicles on or something?

Advertisement
  2. Scots lad

Scots lad Active Member

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Did they let you use no claims on both? was told by my current insurer I would need to start no claims from scratch on new vehicle.

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

try churchhill,can insure multiple vehicles at good rates

5. Scots lad

Scots lad Active Member

6. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

Try Apan , I had to start a new insurance for my van , there took my no claims from my car into consideration. £200 fully comp with pleasure use aswell . For some reason it was cheaper if I put my wife as a named driver aswell .

7. johnny bravo

i have been insuring my car seperatally from my van, had van 2 years now, car driving for 30 years.
    is it possible to get van and car now insured with one company at a better deal. van around £440, car around £300.

8. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

I'm on aviva multi-van, and although you can only use your no-claims on one vehicle, it is taken into consideration on the other policy... I found it was several hundred pound cheaper than any other alternative.

9. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

10. Markyboy 50

I bought me new van a couple of months ago. Kept me old one as well. Took out insurance on the new one as they took into consideration my no claims on my old van. Was £239 fully comp business and private as long as I could prove I had ncd elsewhere.

Advertisement