Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump Timer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Just in the process of setting up my RO system.I have a booster pump included but have been advised to add a timer.Are the plug in heavy duty timers suitable for this ?

The pump is 240vcd and 1.2 amp.

Just in the process of setting up my RO system.I have a booster pump included but have been advised to add a timer.Are the plug in heavy duty timers suitable for this ?The pump is 240vcd and 1.2 amp.
You need to give us a little more info.

What r/o?

What booster?

What storage tank?

Also please link to a timer you were thinking of.

Also how you are going to switch the r/o off when the storage tank is full.

Also don't understand the voltage of pump 240vcd. So a link to the booster pump would also help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a

100gpd RO- Hydrotech

Diaphragm pump 24vdc1.2amp max

I have a 1000 litre IBC Tank in garage

Was thinking of a Lumii heavy duty plug in timer

I'm just starting out and looking to do a day or two a week initially and see how it goes.

Cheers

I,m in the process of having my RO system fully auto canny wait

my gd pal who is a sparky going to do it,

pixxed of with getting up early hours to knock off my RO

I would imagine you would need a 'one shot' timer rather than a 24 hour timer.

The trouble with a 24 hour timer is that if you forget to switch it off it will automatically start the booster pump the next day. If the tap to the r/o is switched off you will end up with a burnt out booster pump.

So you will be looking for a digital timer you can switch on for say 4 hours and after the time has elapsed the unit switches off the pump until you reactivate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that spruce.

Will try and do it with the timer initially with a view to setting it up automatically if things take off.

Will keep an eye out for it to be in stockCheers
A local windie has one and using it in conjunction with a float switch and solenoid valve and will switch both the pump and water off to the r/o at the same time. Its a great bit of kit.

Gardiners haven't had them in stock for a while. It might be worth emailing @Alex Gardiner and asking if they are going to stock it in future.

A local windie has one and using it in conjunction with a float switch and solenoid valve and will switch both the pump and water off to the r/o at the same time. Its a great bit of kit.Gardiners haven't had them in stock for a while. It might be worth emailing @Alex Gardiner and asking if they are going to stock it in future.

Back