Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So this happened today. Panic.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Good ole gutter vac!

So annoying isn't it.

I've used mine twice, and so disappointed. Thought the job would be so much easier and swift, but its just not.

I needed it for a 4 storey, but did a standard 3-bed semi, and would've been quicker from the ladder no doubt, but.....health and safety............

Good ole gutter vac!

So annoying isn't it.

I've used mine twice, and so disappointed. Thought the job would be so much easier and swift, but its just not.

I needed it for a 4 storey, but did a standard 3-bed semi, and would've been quicker from the ladder no doubt, but.....health and safety............
Nothing's perfect but most of the time I think it's a good tool. It can be a pain in the **** at times and things like above do happen with it. Had three sections seize together last weekend and had to smash the poles to bits. Fortunately Spinaclean replaced them for me free of charge. It does get blocked more often than it should and there's definitely a "technique" to breaking up some of the denser packed gutters but I charge the right money for these inconveniences and so far this year it's paid me back more than 3x what I paid for it. 

Ladders and hands can be quicker for sure, but as long as I'm making the right money I much prefer the safety and minor annoyances of the skyvac to be honest. 

Last edited by a moderator:
When this happens to me I take the brush of my gardiner pole and slide it up inside the gutter pole... bit rude but it works [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

When this happens to me I take the brush of my gardiner pole and slide it up inside the gutter pole... bit rude but it works
emoji13.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
Great idea!  I'll have to remember that for next time!

I lost the top section on a 3 story huge commercial I was doing. With all the staff outside cheering when I got it back. Was pretty embarrassing at the time lol. 

Back