Van payload question.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Parky, Oct 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Parky

Parky Active Member

Morning all. Doing some van home work this morning.

I'm looking at getting a PureH20 Hard water system (RO -DI) unit. I was thinking of going for 500L unit as in the catalogue it says that will give me 4-6 hours of "Working hours" the payload required for 500L (again according to the catalogue) is 1,000kg.

Now. I was hoping to sort myself out a Transit connect or a Volkswagen Caddy. Looking at the weight guides for a standard connect it's around 625kg

But then I saw this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Window-cl...omeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3ce9a79d8c

This lads got a 650L tank? Is it because its a different system? Or because its a high roof long wheel base van? Or am I looking at this wrong?

On another note could I get away with a smaller unit? I'd plan to be out all day 9-3/4pm once established. So dont want to get the point where i'm running out of water?

Advertisement
  2. Ssierragls

Ssierragls Active Member

A transit connect T230 LWB has a payload of 900kg, so you would be ok with a 500l tank

3. Parky

Parky Active Member

Even though it's 1,000kg?

4. Mwwindowcleaning

Mwwindowcleaning Active Member

A litre of water weighs a kg or there abouts pal

5. Mwwindowcleaning

6. Parky

Parky Active Member

of course, getting my litres and Kilograms mixed up FFS!!!! Cheers Mwwindowcleaning :laugh:

7. Mwwindowcleaning

No worries, easily done fella. Your good to.go now :p

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Parky what you also need to consider is not just the payload but what amount of kit you can physical fit into the back of the van including wfp kit as you mentioned that you want to get into other services. From experience I would go for a larger van myself as a connect would be way to small for the kit I need to cart about now.

9. Parky

Parky Active Member

Two Gardiner carbon poles, 100 metre hose reel, some signs and a few other bits. I'm only planning on being a one man band and need to keep my costs down. The bigger the van the more its going to cost me. I'll go for a smaller tank if it will last me a full day when i'm up and running.

10. a1d4nj

a1d4nj Member

I would go with smurf and def get a bigger van. I nearly went down the connect route myself, then after measuring everything up it was not practical for the long run.
    Ended up with a citreon dispatch, not the best looking of vans but so practical and good on fuel even with a full tank of 650l

Advertisement