Van Port

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark m, Mar 8, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

I have just ordered a van port which i am going to fit at the back of my van anybody fitted one ? are they easy ? i think the back van is the best do you agree ?

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

What is a port is it one of those things you plug your hose in to?

3. mark m

mark m Hero

Yes

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/outside-van-port-panel-p-337.html

4. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

It's also an alcoholic drink drunk normally by your granny at Xmas :)

SORRY :)

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

My mate had one in his old van, but he didnt fit it himself, it was done by a car body repair shop, and was on the side at the back. If doing it yourself, the single skinned part of the back door (where the window would be) would probably be the easiest place to mount it. But be careful, i have worked in car body repair shops before, and i can testify, 'cut' metal edges are VERY sharp!. Also, make sure you paint the exposed metal edges, otherwise they will rust.[hr]
    Ha, ha!, reminds me of one time, donkeys years ago at a works xmas meal. The waiter asks my pal what he wanted to drink.
    "An amsterdam", he replied.
    The waiter looks puzzled and asks "what is an amsterdam?". My pal says, "a f*ckin' big port"!.

6. mark m

mark m Hero

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/outside-van-port-panel-p-337.html

The one i am getting fits under the bumper

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Ah, i see, not sure about them, but presumably a hole, or holes will still need to be made, so any exposed edges will still need to be painted. Also, bear in mind it will be very prone to freezing up in the winter as you will have the wind chill factor, plus icy debris thrown up by your tyres.

8. mark m

mark m Hero

Very true good thinking , I think i will put a tee in so i can isolate the underneath in the winter . Keep ideas coming

9. I got given a bottle of port for xmas once and said "thanks I've not tried port" to which my mother in law replied "Jamie, you drank a whole bottle last year!" That would go to explain why I didn't remember!
    Good stuff with cheese :)

10. James

James Guru

I've seen a couple of these before, I have no idea how to start putting those onto vans though and connecting them up. Be very handy when it's set up though.

Advertisement