Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van rain / condensation on the roof - solved.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I bought three of these the other day -

Really good and you can recharge them in the microwave.

I bought three of these the other day -

Really good and you can recharge them in the microwave.
I have a couple of the 1kg Halfords versions: Air Dry Classic - Car Dehumidifier | Halfords UK
I'm not sure how good they are as I had quite a big leak in the van, so more condensation that there should have been. They seemed to work good when I first put them in - I don't think I had the leak then!

These bags are a lot better than the crappy damp trap boxes. Lost count of how many times i knocked them over and spilled all the collected water in the van...

In the motor trade we often used to get complaints from car owners about internal condensation on their windows in winter. In most cases we found that people ran with the internal circulation on all the time. Although the car's interior warmed up quicker, the inside of the car never 'breathed'. Wet carpets from snowy boots and wet shoes didn't help either.

We did an NVQ in window cleaning many years ago. The course was in the winter months. The instructor had a van with internally fixed hose reels that leaked water like anything. His van's floor was pools of water. His roof rained water from condensation.

We get a little condensation on the inside of the van's roof. Its not dripping wet and is easily dried off with a towel. I maybe do this once or twice a month. If the weather is dry, I will leave the rear van doors open when parked on the driveway to allow the rear to breath.

Ensuring there is no water leaks from hose reels and pole hoses are drained of water before they are put away is important for us. We also give the brush a good shake off to remove excess water from the bristles before putting the poles away. Another window cleaner once remarked that this was such a waste of time. But condensation isn't an issue in my van - it is in his.

Who was/is the window cleaner who used to put a shower cap over the brush head every time he put his brush way? It stopped moisture from dripping into his van.
A shower cap over the brush head! That is genius, thanks going to do that from now on ?

In the motor trade we often used to get complaints from car owners about internal condensation on their windows in winter. In most cases we found that people ran with the internal circulation on all the time. Although the car's interior warmed up quicker, the inside of the car never 'breathed'. Wet carpets from snowy boots and wet shoes didn't help either.

We did an NVQ in window cleaning many years ago. The course was in the winter months. The instructor had a van with internally fixed hose reels that leaked water like anything. His van's floor was pools of water. His roof rained water from condensation.

We get a little condensation on the inside of the van's roof. Its not dripping wet and is easily dried off with a towel. I maybe do this once or twice a month. If the weather is dry, I will leave the rear van doors open when parked on the driveway to allow the rear to breath.

Ensuring there is no water leaks from hose reels and pole hoses are drained of water before they are put away is important for us. We also give the brush a good shake off to remove excess water from the bristles before putting the poles away. Another window cleaner once remarked that this was such a waste of time. But condensation isn't an issue in my van - it is in his.

Who was/is the window cleaner who used to put a shower cap over the brush head every time he put his brush way? It stopped moisture from dripping into his van.
was it the Legend Wagga haha

I bubble wrapped the inside roof of my van still get a bit on condensation the karcher window vac works wonders on the bubble wrap roof.

Back