VAN SIGN WRITING IS IT WORTH IT

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by chris70, Jan 7, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chris70

chris70 Member

Hi thinking of getting van signed up professionally to attract customers what sort of amount of new customers could i expect by doing this
    cheers

Advertisement
  2. David K

David K Forum Addict

Hi Chris! :)
    Guess it depends, but I've just got mine "pimped out " 2 ,5 months ago and it got me 4 customers I know for sure , 2 noticed me in traffic . Got a big sign saying "window cleaning "
    And my company website in smaller letters . Both sides and backdoors .I believe that it's most important to attract people by letting them know what you do by the title , the company name is secondary IMO , cause when you got their attention,of course they're gonna be interested in the company . In my area it's almost always the opposite way people decorate their van in my business. ( name biggest and trade smaller)Got one yesterday too :hehehe:

3. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

in my experience, it picks up the odd customer not loads but the odd one.

Is it worth it it that regard? depends how much youre spending, mine only cost £40 so no big deal

Main reason i would get signwriting is it looks good and make me feel good

4. Calum Jennings

Calum Jennings Active Member

Agree with adamangler, it does give you that sense of professionalism. If you were a potential customer, who would you go for, a window cleaner with no sign writing and no uniform, or the one that does have details on the side of his van and looks smart with his uniform with logo?
    I know which one I would ask for a quote.
    Also if you're a local window cleaner, you will get seen time and time again and they will realise that you are local and regular :)

5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Its like a leaflet in that regard of being seen overtime gets you into their head.

Ive not got a flashy van with expensive sign writing but from what ive read on the subject is that when people see you about time after time they will remember you subconcioulsy and if they ever need a window cleaner they will think oh what about that guy in that purple van or whatever i must get his number next time i see him pass.

Theres a carpet cleaner over in hull who has great big animals signed on his van, it has no relevance at all to carpet cleaning but people will remember that van!

If you want to appear proffesional to business get a sleek understated look, if you want to catch the general publics eye go bold and be different, stand out.

6. chris70

chris70 Member

thanks for all ya replys people much apreciated think i will go ahead with it now i see
    adamangler said about £40 so if i had front and both sides done by a firm how much would i be looking do ya think

7. chris70

chris70 Member

how much did you spend mate on sides and back

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I spent £150 was well worth it

9. mark

mark Forum Addict

if done correctly it will bring in a significant amount of work,keeping it simple is the key.state clearly what you do-which is window cleaning.then add on services such as gutter cleaning upvc cleaning etc.saying that theres a geezer by me with a battered van.trad through and through,there both scruffy as hell,there minted with work even selling it on to other windies.ive also bought work off him.so its not what you know its who you know.

10. mark cotterill

mark cotterill Newcomer

hi guys
    i have done traditional now for 30 yrs but want to swap to water pole system, how much does it cost to have everything installed inside a van please?, and who installs them please, any info wud be most appeciated.

Advertisement