Van size

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by twinge1976, Jan 24, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. twinge1976

twinge1976 Member

Hi all I'm just asking for advice on what kind of van to purchase ,
    I have a Peugeot partner but having problems as the pole is too long and do wanna put it on roof rack
    What size , make and models do you people have or recommend

Advertisement
  2. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I have a scudo, with ply bulk head, but the top of the bulk head is cut out so the pole comes through. Most vans this size you'd have to allow the pole through the bulk head, can u do that?

If u want a van where pole will fit entirely in the back, it'd have to be transit, traffic, something that size.

3. twinge1976

twinge1976 Member

Cheers mate
    All I do it push the seat down but it's just a pain in the **** so may upgrade to sonething bigger

4. windyman

I have cut a length of drain pipe (it's the big stuff, about 6inch diameter), and strap it to inside of roof, could even use bungee cords. Then don't need to drop seat down. Dunno if that's an option?

5. twinge1976

twinge1976 Member

Sounds like a good idea mate could be an option,
    Like the sound of that

6. windyman

Got the pipe in B&Q, about a tenner, just cut it to size of your pole. You might even see some lying around after all the storms we've had!

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I have a lwb transit connect 230 which has enough length for my 34" pole collapsed. I used to have it along the inside of the roof, where it came right to the front above my head, but now i have it diagonaly along the side. You could probably do the same with a citroen dispatch/fiat scudo/peugeot expert (they are essentially the same van). For the record, if i could turn back the clock, i probably would go for one of those 3 instead of my connect. Why?, because the load bay has a much lower floor, there is the option of 3 seats, but most importantly, from a safety point of view, there is a large step up from the load bay into the cab, so a water tank strapped/fixed to the floor has absolutely no chance whatsoever of coming forward into the cab in the event of an accident. It also means that any leakage, is not going to get into the cab, like in my connect!. The three vans mentioned (and im talking about the pre '07 version) have a 900kg payload in turbo diesel form (same as my connect, and ok for a tank up to 500ltrs), and slightly less for non turbo versions (825kg i think), the current style have payloads of 988kg or 1188kg, and can be had with a 1.6 turbo diesel.

8. windyman

P.s, you might need to let the pipe hang a few inches from the roof, so u can pull pole straight out of your back doors. Depends what ur van's like. Actually it helps if you have a 90deg socket on ur brush rather than a 45deg. The brush hangs lower & doesn't hit top of van when removing from drain pipe.

9. James

James Guru

I have a Ford Transit Connect and I love it, perfect size and its quite nippy. I can fit my 500L tank in and all my poles. I also have enough room for all my equipment, buckets, squeegees etc. 1.8 Turbo ftw :D

It depends what your looking for as all vans have different pro's and con's tbh with you.

James.

10. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Iv an astra van for sale if anyones interested.
    Iv got 125ltr tank in bk. Could have up to 400ltrs at a guess. Lookin for £1800
    04 plate just clicked over to 100k. 1.7 cdti.
    Pm me. Will swap for transit or connect or combo.

Advertisement