Van stink

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Aug 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

iv almost no sense of smell so it doesnt bother me but my youngster workers reckon my van absolutely reeks inside .

im thinking that,over time,dirty water has been spilt in the back and has settled in crevices ,then dried and humming properly ,like rotten eggs

any of you guys managed to rid your car or van of a stink? if so let me in on how you did it

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

hmmm...i am afraid it defo goes with the job....i am always leaving a damp cloth in me pocket and it dont half stink over the weekend in the summer....

it hasnt been too bad of late as i just take all me damp dirty cloths in every night but not a lot i can do with my applicator...i was a bit embarrassed when i went to an inside on my first job monday as it does stink...and you cant get rid....i may have to start bringing the sleeves in too..

not to mention....our normal wet weather ...which hasnt been bad of late...jump in the car wet and watch the car steam up ..thankgod for air conditioning..:D

3. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Hide it with a 'stick up' style air freshener.

4. cheapncheerful

i tried that ...but i preferred the stink....i would open the window but....er....it dont work anymore....:eek:

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Spray febreeze everywhere really thickly..I did a whole bottle in my car before..seems to kill it all off as it dries..gotta almost soak everything

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

cheers for that tip Davey . will lace the insides + roof etc with that - maybe even get a plug in febreze and run it thru a mains converter , attack as we drive as it were

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Ever tried using febreeze on a carpet after one of the kids has puked on it? :eek:

8. Leave cups of salt to draw moisture out of the air? Might help.

9. cheapncheerful

er ...ours is used when the dog does his ...fishy farts.:eek:..god they stink...not often thank god...you know it when it happens though....

yeh dave gonna try the febreeze in the car...of course ...it would help if i cleaned it more than once a year when it goes in for its mot...

oops still not sorted my kit box...still covered in gone off skittles..oops

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Lazy beggar
    Them skittles been there for months:eek:

Advertisement