Van System

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by shreck123, Aug 30, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. shreck123

shreck123 Guest

guys i need some help and advice about building my own van system? Or am i better of buying a ready made system please help. I am good at diy and plumbing just wondering what you guys would recommend?

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Do it your self its much cheaper mate. Remember shop around you will be surpried at the saving you can make

3. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Build yourself pal. You can buy everything in 1 kit and set it all up yourself. Or you can just buy everything separately. There are some good deals on eBay for complete systems

4. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

build one yourself,
    1. its cheaper
    2. you know how everything works
    3. if something goes wrong you should know how to fix it or find out the problem
    4. keep it simple
    5. you can fit the things where you want to fit them,

5. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

I'm having this same dilema @ the moment with a new van we're kitting out. Up until now its all been DIY. But the pro fit outs are better. The difference is about £1.5k. 500l set up for 2 men from Pure freedom is £2.5k, but you get benefit of safety cage..... All bolted to chassis...hoses/reels pro fitted.... Battery wired to van to charge... Outside ports fitted so you can fill up and work whilst van is locked.....

I couldn't get the kits and do the job that way/that good. So am deffo thinking get a company to do it. And you deffo look more professional rather than turning up with cargo straps etc holding the tank in....

Having said that.... The DIY systems do the job! If you're quite handy with stuff you can deffo do it very cheaply and its exactly the same result as splashing out.

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

my diy system fit has the battery wired upto the van via a split charger and to a solar panel too!!
    cost me £2500 with the van, all the equipment (except RO) and insurance.

this is how my DIY fitted system look like. it has no outside ports but can still lock the van up and still pull hoses out fine.
    it has 2 tanks in it, 250lt and 125lt

Attached Files:

7. Honestcleaning

Honestcleaning Well-Known Member

That looks the business mate to be fair!!!

8. mark m

mark m Hero

9. shreck123

shreck123 Guest

so basic heres how im thinking of doing things.

water in through sediment then carbon block then granule activated carbon block into tank then out from tank to pump then vessel then out of vessel to hose reel have i got that bit right?

10. mark m

mark m Hero

You can do it ==
    tank - di
    ro - tank - di
    ro -di - tank
    di-tank
    di-di-tank
    40/40 - tank- di
    40/40 - di - tank

Advertisement