Van tyres

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by davewindowcleaner, Jan 25, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I had two new tyres fitted today, I was a bit taken back how much it cost me.

Is £172 about right for two new tyres?

My van is transit connect t230.

Advertisement
  2. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

You are obviously unsure yourself - that says it all. You get what you pay for in some respects so - hopefully - you have a nice set of branded, platinum lined, 100k guaranteed rubber on your van. I paid £50 per corner on mine - but they are only 15". Do you have fancy alloys/random size? Saying that the tyres on my wife's car were £80 each but that's because she drives a chav hairdresser car!

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I went to Mr Tyre for 4 new boots, was told £280 for my Trafic with 16's, I said 'You charged me just £135 to do my whole car'

'Van tyres are more expensive sir, more specialized, shall we book that in?'

'Nope, I have to go get my bananas I left on the boat' and walked out leaving him confused.

Went round corner to an independent place and got 4 Michellins for £160 balanced, fitted etc.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

That's partly a true statement you brought up green. You can get specific van tyres - they are a lot more expensive and all the other bull [delusional] but as long as you get a tyre that is rated to the vans load and speed it doesn't really matter a great deal. I've only got a little one :whistle: so have the option of a basic higher load car tyre.

5. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

I should of shop around, my fault.

One of the back tyre will need to be replaced at some point, I won't be going back to the same place for sure.

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

proper van tyres are expensive due to the ply rating /load rating. but they usually last a lot longer than car tyres

7. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I put two new van tyres on my Transit some time back, cost £150.

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I am lucky as any vehicle i have that needs tyres i get trade at my mates place
    Still not very cheap though as tyres are expensive

9. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I have 18" alloys on my van and the tyres are extra load, low profiles. Anyway, after clipping a kerb and splitting a tyre, I wobbled the van to Kwik fit who quoted me £175 :eek:. He tried to justify the price by saying "yes but its a Dunlop"
    Sod that I told him, with the weight on my van, I've only got to clip it again and I'd be gutted.
    Managed to get it to watlin tyres, and they fitted one for £85

10. TWC

TWC Active Member

I didn't know van tyres were different till recently due to more banding in the side walls to give a higher load rating. Just be careful if your using standard tyres as the plate on my van door tells me to inflate my tyres to a higher psi than my standard tyres can actually take. Last thing you want is a blow out at speed

Advertisement