Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Squeegeeitis

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mrtaytay

Just like Eric Bristow got Dartitis, I think I have contracted squeegeeitis!!!

I am a bit of a horizontal pull man, but of late I always seem to be leaving a slight film of moisture behind as I pull horizontally. Its driving me to despair. When I change the rubber, everything is fine for a few houses, but then, suddenly, I get the same problem again. I try cutting the edge with the squeegee blade or wiping it first with a dry cloth but still get this problem....not on all strokes I might add. I use an SPC 3X4.

Does anyone else ever get this problem?

Not 100% sure what you mean, but I often get a very light film of moisture on glass after blading, it normally fades away within seconds. I think it's pretty normal, is that what you mean?

Yes, thats what I mean...it does seem to fade pretty quickly. Maybe its more apparant now that the temperatures are down.....maybe in the summer the film of moisture disappears more quickly. I am just concerned about leaving marks or smears.

I am a bit of a horizontal pull man, but of late I always seem to be leaving a slight film of moisture behind as I pull horizontally. Its driving me to despair. When I change the rubber, everything is fine for a few houses, but then, suddenly, I get the same problem again. I try cutting the edge with the squeegee blade or wiping it first with a dry cloth but still get this problem....not on all strokes I might add. I use an SPC 3X4.

Yes I do, especially when the air is damp. I've been cleaning for yonks, but always wander if the film is going to show up. Also do you notice the water round the edges starts to bleed back towards the centre of the window when you've bladed it in colder conditions? I start swearing and all sorts when this happens.

Phew...sounds like its not just me. I just hope the film doesnt show up. I have been wiping some windows over with a premium micro fibre after detailing...just to make sure....but this is time consuming.

I thought it was me lol, only happened since dogearing my channels but then only got really cold after I'd done them.

yh its normal and it does fade without leaving marks, try to stop yourself from wiping it with a cloth though, your likely to add marks unless you buff the whole window which is pointless as you just bladed it,lol, remember to look up at the window as you go down the ladder to check the window as the light changes on the glass, this should show up anything that shouldnt be there

yh its normal and it does fade without leaving marks, try to stop yourself from wiping it with a cloth though, your likely to add marks unless you buff the whole window which is pointless as you just bladed it,lol, remember to look up at the window as you go down the ladder to check the window as the light changes on the glass, this should show up anything that shouldnt be there
Yeah I just leave it and can see it disappearing almost instantly but with ecover I kinda trust it to anyway, I always check on the way down anyway which is another tip I learned on here /emoticons/biggrin.png

yh its a good one, you have to do it every time and it becomes habit, if your checking every window every time not alot can go wrong,lol

I also noticed this yesterday morning.. My channel is dogeared, so I went and got a different channel and it didn't happen.. So I bent the dogeared channel straight and again this stopped it..

My channel is dogeared, so I went and got a different channel and it didn't happen.. So I bent the dogeared channel straight and again this stopped it..
That's what I've done to my Unger S channel, but I've cut some small thin pieces of cable tie and wedged them in at the ends.

Also done this to my Waggy Whirlwind....stopps the rubber from being loose and dogeared at the same time..works a treat /emoticons/smile.png .

If you have accidentally bent your channel this can happen, sometimes dropping your squeegee while ur up a ladder will be enough to do it. Have a look down the channel and make sure that it is straight as a die. If it looks curved at all, you can bend it straight, and that should solve your problem.

It's because the weather is damp

Back