Van + wfp system

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ryan, Jan 31, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Hi guys some of u may remember me from last year.

I was going to get a van and go traditional and build up a customer base for this year but i found a job working on the windows with mainly wfp system so thought that would be good experience for me so did that for 6 months.

Now iv everything out of the way i can concentrate on building a round myself.

So my question is

whats the best ready made kit to buy is the freedom stuff any good ?
    iv got around £800-1000 for a kit

or anyone know of another good kits ?

or around 2k to buy a van and a system anyone know of any ?

any help would be great

Advertisement
  2. Masons

Masons Guru

Well 800-1000 won't buy you ionics or facelift.
    I have PureFreedom equipment, and I love it, although I know many here don't.
    If you live near Grimsby you can always go round and see some of their stuff.
    I love them, when I get my next van I'll be fitting it with PureFreedom.

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ya the company i work for had a ionic system cost them loads and if u got a big round i suppose its fine.

But to start out

what sort of freedom system you running whats the filling time on your tank ?

i live in a soft water area so not to bad in that aspect

4. buy the components from pure freedom its cheaper and easy to set up especially in a soft water area

5. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Diy all the way, i wouldnt even consider buying a 'system' now. And to be honest, given your budget, i am surprised you are even thinking about an off the self job!. Far cheaper to build up your own, and i am constantly baffled as to why anyone would do anything else, given how simple a wfp system is in essence.
    1, a water tank (suitably secured in your van, and an appropriate size for your van's payload). 2, a pump (surflo, preferably). 3, a pump controller (i think that is essential, others on here not so sure). 4, a means of purifying your water (r/o, di, or both, depending on your water hardness). 5, a hose reel. 6, a pole or two. 7, start working!.

6. I bought a Pure Freedom 'Kit' off of ebay. 250l tank version with an RO filter system and small DI tank. Cost bout £900, but its all the other bits you need to, like connectors, water butt (i make water in shed n pump into van), submersable pump, new pole - as u get a crud fibre glass jobbie, hose reel to fill tank, etc etc....so u need to budget for the ancillary bits too.

And when you set it all up for the first time.....IT WILL LEAK..... until you sort out all the ****les, just so you are aware.

Once you've sorted it all, its as sweet as a nut!

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

know if u was to fill your 250l tank from empty to full how long does it take and what ro system you got 250 300 or 450 ?

you in a soft or hard water area ?

ya i know what u mean with poles ect ect

8. If i were to fill it from empty using a submersible pump and garden hose it would take 30/40mins.

I have a 5 stage 300gpd RO from pure freedom, just a standard filtration kit with a separate DI tank that looks like a 10" filter housing after the RO and i have a booster pump too. I can filter 200l in 4 hrs ish.

My water is super hard 450ppm! But RO takes down to 19ppm and DI takes down to 0ppm.

9. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Thanks for the info fella

maby a stupid question but the harder the water the longer it takes to take down to 0ppm is it ?

4 hrs aint to bad for a hard area i suppose is it

i'll get a booster anyway

10. I think you just get more waster water.

Ive done a video for you welsh_cleaner so you can see what a massive effect the booster pump has on my RO set up. Let me know what you think. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE-QvxGB75g&feature=colike

Advertisement