Van...your thoughts

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Lemonza, May 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Lemonza

Lemonza Guest

I've just been to see a van that I like the look of, it's a vauxhall Vivaro 1.9 lwb. It has high mileage but has had the cam and gearbox done recently with full service history. Anyone else on here use this or a similar van for their RO pole system? And if so what size tank do you have? :D

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I was thinking of a vivaro but have been told they give nothing but bother and you will be constantly changing gear boxes..

3. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

Hey mate I've got a vivaro 1.9 swb with a 1000 litre ibc tank in

I love it yes they have problems but what van doesn't? Or car at that

Perks are good on fuel and very nippy

I would buy another

4. mark m

mark m Hero

I have one and they are a great van as long as you get one after 05 plate you will be fine it all got sorted after that

5. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Try stay away from high milage. But if all the works bit dun you should be alright.

As above. name A van that doest have problem.
    Iv got new style transit. 2.2 engine.
    Nothing but problems. Riddled with them n rot like a ba$tard.

Aslong as u look after it n service them they usually as good.

6. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Water is heavy, so if you plan on carrying a lot go for rear wheel drive and the bigger engine, i.e. 2.5 is better than 2.0

Richard

7. harunh

harunh Legend

If you got 6k milage to spend... then you easily got 4k to spend on a van.... you can get a decent van for around that with low milage.

8. Extremecleansussex

Extremecleansussex Active Member

I've got an 05 Renault trafic ( same van, different badge). It's a short wheelbase 1.9 dci. I bought it three and a half years ago with 113,000 miles on it. It's now done 145,000. In that time I've had a new alternator and gear cables. I have it serviced once a year and it's fine. One minor problem that the system suppliers don't tell you though, I've got a 600 litre tank which, when full, takes my gross weight over the 2700kg limit so if you did get pulled first thing, you'd be overweight. A larger tank eg 800l or 1000l would be even worse. The additional capacity of he long wheel base (200kg) is mostly taken up in the extra weight of the van. So 600 litres is about the maximum size tank you can safely have. It's enough for a good days work for one though, I very rarely run dry. Cheers, Dave

Advertisement