VANS VANS VANS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Mar 11, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

`Seriously, looking for a used van, not much of a van man myself and don't really know what to look out for in a van.

Obviously I'm looking second hand, would like 3 seater but 2 seater will do.

Got a budget of £3.5k - £4K

Planning to put a 500L system and all the good jazz in it. (Miles Davis on MP3)

So please PLEASE -- This part is for those that know who they are, if you got nothing constructive to say please just shut the f**k up as I am going blind trolling van ads.

So can anyone who knows a thing or two about vans please hep point me in the right direction. :)

And no I can't see myself driving a Bedford Rascal! :p

Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

P.S. Is there such a thing as a LWB Low Roof Transit Connect? Anyone?

3. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I use to do abit in van dealership
    Here's my top vans
    New shape berlingo or partner or dispatch/expert 2.0 hdi is the more economical van and reliable!
    Bomb proof engines
    Transit tdci
    Vans I'd avoid vicaro traffic primastar all the same van,faulty electrics clutch and slave cylinder probs and gearbox to boot and if the injectors go on these then it's all big money!they prob he best looking tho!
    hope this helps

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Connects!!!!be warned lol

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Citroen Dispatch, Peugeot Expert new shape. Close the thread.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Big help, cheers,
    Net question steve, would 140-150k miles be a worry with documented service on the 2.0 HDI?

7. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

They do a normal connect and a high top, look at either the side/rear doors for a kick up style panel or view from the windscreen it will be about ten inchs to the roof line as opposed to 4 ish

Personally I'd go for a transit as the connect payload isn't that great and you only have two seats where as normal transit has 3 and a bigger payload

If your frightened your gonna buy a lemon pay for an aa/rac check and get a van from a dealer with a long or extended warranty

8. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I had a old berlingo with 240 thou on and apart from the usual wishbones shockers drove like new!service them and they will go for ever
    The 2.0 is the one to go for the 1.6 hdi can be known for turbo failure due to a fault that occurs and can lead to oil starvation
    I've had 4 berlingos never had issue with any of them

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#9 boarcity, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    if you are thinking of taking on workers best bet is a crew van Green. iv got one right now only a old 03 partner,dead easy to fix , been looking at the latest 6 seater partner but i keep hearing horror stories about the new shapers so iv not bought one.
    id only buy a used van if it has under 90k miles not that hard to find once you put your mind to it. many quite new vans are on sale with 150k ,these have all been hammered from building site to building site,

if you look at the steering wheels you can see how building site grit has worn them . tho dealers clean the van body up a treat and tell you it belonged to a local bod who used it for shopping, the true history is in the wear on the steering wheel.

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

I agree with boarcity on some points
    But my opinion ,great if u can get a van with less than 90 thou with history but don't be put off with slightly higher mile vans it's all about the service history.ex fleet and council vans are a good example may have high miles but usually all motorway and they are serviced to the exact manufacture schedule so it's Better than say a 90 thou van owned by private owner who has missed services used cheapest low grade oil and prob not done the belts etc.
    Steering wheels can sometimes give clues to use/age etc but not always some makes spec Renault are known for a fault caled steering melt and did the driver wear jewerelly can effect steering wheels look more at the seat bolsters and foot pedals if it's low mileage these are usual are good indicator

Advertisement