Varistream digital or analogue controller?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Delicate-Design, Sep 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Delicate-Design

Delicate-Design Active Member

What's the pro's and con's of each ?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I don't use either so can't say :D

3. Delicate-Design

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

All that I know is the my flowmaster digi-fm pump controllers have never let me down

5. Delicate-Design

I will have a look into them

6. Delicate-Design

Made by pure freedom smurf?

7. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

I've got the digital controller fitted to my system from pure freedom, touch wood no problems with it as yet :thumbsup:

8. keir

keir Guru

Digi Varistream is all i know, its been good to me over the last two years. It took me a while to figure out how to run the flow and pressure settings properly but now i have its brilliant.
    As with any system make sure there's no air locks or leaks otherwise you'll be chasing your tail settings-wise.
    Only way i can think to improve it is to have remote control which is where i will go when its time to replace the digi vari.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

If I was buying a controller now, I would buy the 'new' analogue unit that Spring makes. Having the 2 dials on the front (flow and pressure) makes sense to me. Simple easy adjustment. I would run it along side a separate on/off switch as we used to do with our original analogue Varistreams.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.u...Pump-Flow-Controller--LIQUIDLOGIC_ANALOG.html

What I also like about this is that you have an 'infinite' range of motor speed settings. With our digital Varistreams (which have given us excellent service) we don't have the same level of control. For example; I run my pump on 4 as 5 wastes too much water. I would like a setting between 4 and 5 which the Varistream hasn't got.

Also, the latest Varistreams consume current even when the unit is switched off, so they need an extra cut off switch to be added into the system to stop this.

Flow controllers have come a long way since their introduction. Spring have a range of units that not only control water flow and pressure, but can also include a split charge relay for an auxiliary battery, frostat and the battery voltage indicator to name just a few. Whilst an 'all singing and dancing' controller would appeal to some, I'm not sure I would put all my proverbial eggs in one basket buying a unit that does everything in one package. I would be concerned that you will loose everything if the unit failed.

10. keir

keir Guru

Spruce thats what took me a while to figure out, i had exactly the same problem apart from i was looking for 3.5, as i run on 3. But 3 is not enough but 4 is too much, as in its fine for rinsing but goes through water too fast

So i finally found i really good setting, i started treating the A-F settings like the decimal settings so i have ended up using No 3 and somewhere between D and F. But if there is even the slightest air lock then the flow is cr@p.
    So every morning i turn the controller up to 8 or 9 to pressurise the reel, then while its still pumping or paused disconnect the outlet from the di then set it back to 3 and if it pause after 20-30 secs i know the air is out of the system, it saves all the sucking lol

Advertisement