Varistream digital what setting?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, Jun 30, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Hi

anyone use this flow controller and at what setting do you use or recommend? cant seem to find right setting I keep changing it all the time what do you use ? cheers all

Advertisement
  2. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I have two digital varistreams and run them both on 50. If I use hot, I them put it up to 60. This ignites the pilot light easier :)

3. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

binned loads of these rubbish always had them on full to get them to work right

4. steve garwood

Had both mine for 9 years without a single issue

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

My preference. (Minibore hose, 2mm pencil jets and 5.2LPM Shurflo pump.)

3. For wooden window frames, sash windows and old leaded windows. Rinsing is slow for ordinary UPVC windows.
    4. I find this the best combination for washing and rinsing without wasting too much water in the washing phase.
    5. For the best rinse rate but am inclined to waste water in the washing phase.

We have plenty of water now for everyday use with a 4040 r/o so I'm inclined to work with 5 more often than I would have when we had a 450GPD r/o.

My son prefers 3 when using his hose reel. This is because he is used to the reduced flow of his backpack which he prefers using for day to day residential work.

The other pump on the van is a Shurflo 3.8LPM pump. If I'm using that then the settings will be 5, 7 and 8 on the Varistream controller.

Each person will have a different preferences.

-

6. steve garwood

He's asking what setting on a "digital" controller :thumbsup: :)

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Pressure cut off value 7. Flow value 2.

8. Poles Apart

I never had those readings on mine pressure was in letters A-E or F I think and flow was 1-9 I wouldn't recco using it on 2 that's far to low always set it at 6 upwards

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

If you go into your pressure settings (DE settings) you can keep pressing the minus button and it will go into numerical figures after the alphabetic adjustments.
    I've never understood that tbh. I would have liked a half adjustment on the flow side, ie 3, 3.5, 4. At the moment I feel there is too much of a difference flow wise from 3 to 4.

-

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I tried to use 2 today as I had an open Velux window to clean.

I then thought I would finish the rest of the clean off on that flow setting. I eventually went back to the van and treated myself to a flow rate of 5 to finish the job off.

Advertisement