Varistream Flow Problem....

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shine Window Cleaning, Dec 30, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shine Window Cleaning

Shine Window Cleaning Well-Known Member

As title suggests, I seem to have a flow problem on my Varistream digital controller.

I normally work on position (3), and went to do a 'first clean' the other day and tried to increase flow to position (5).

As soon as I increased to (4) or (5) it seems to keep pressurising (p) and interrupts the flow so drastically that it keeps turning the flow on/off, and hence defeating the point.

Obviously, I can carry on using on position (3), but somewhats defeats the point of having a contoller to increase/decrease flow.

Any suggestions/advice greatfully received!

Advertisement
  2. spruce

spruce Grand Master

You need to increase the cut out pressure

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Can you calibrate a Varistream? Sorry, I know naff all about them.

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#4 spruce, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    Yes you can Tuffers - if it is a Varistream. The O/P needs to tell us what model it is. (No he doesn't - its a digital one as I reread the initial post - sorry.)

The first analogue models had an adjustment pot on the circuit board. You had to carefully remove the front panel with the 4 screws and 'prise' it open. There is a blue adjustment pot. Using a small screwdriver in the slot, turn it up in the dirction in the increasing letters to increase cut out pressure.

If its the later digital one, he needs to switch the controller on with the water flowing. He then must then press both the + and - buttons simultaneously for around 3 seconds. If he hasn't done this before it's likely that a letter 'C' will come up. He then needs to press both + and - again simultaneously again for about 3 secs and the letter will start to flash. He needs to then press the + button a couple of times and the letter/or number will get higher.

Switch the controller off. It will store the higher adjustment. He would then switch the controller on again and increase the flow to 4 or 5 and if the same pulsing occurs, he needs to redo the process and raise the cut out pressure a little more.

The contoller usually comes preset from the factory on pressure setting 'C'.

Pressure setting range is 1 - 9 then A - F. 1 is the lowest pressure setting and F is the highest.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^ good post :)

6. Shine Window Cleaning

Great detailed advice thanks Spruce. Will have a play about and let you know if it does the trick- thanks mate!

7. Shine Window Cleaning

Hmmm....! Tried your advice today Spruce with trying to calibrate my digital Varistream today- unfortunately didn't seem to work.

Held +\- for 3 secs as suggested while water flowing.

Number 8 showed and began flashing(I assume this is what it had been previously programmed to calibrate to?). Adjusted the number to 6, and turned off. When switched on again adjusted from my normal 'working' flow (3) up to (5), but again as soon as gets above (4) it keeps cutting in and out.

Repeated process as above, but tried calibrating to max(9), same result.

Any suggestions/ideas mate?

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

this is why this forum stands out from the rest
    always good advice from our members
    gd thread

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

#9 spruce, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

You will need to start again but raise the figure to C. Going from 8 to 6 is the wrong way so the outcome will be worse. It sounds as though you got it to work so you are the right track.
    It will go 6 then 7, 8, 9, A, B, C. We usually run C during the summer and D during the winter.

You will find you have to push both + and - at exactly the same time. Once 6 comes up then leave it a couple of secs and press those + and - buttons again. It's only then that the number will flash and you raise it using the + button.

It works, trust me! It just takes a bit of practice. We've been doing it for years now and sometimes we battle to get the pressing of those buttons right, especially as both our controllers are not in the best place to make this adjustment easily.

10. Shine Window Cleaning

Lol! Cheers Spruce- will give that a try tmrw after the hangovers gone!

Happy New Year mate, and to all the other helpful members on this Forum!

Advertisement