Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how do you measure

mwc

I have been measuring by  eye  for the about 18months  or so  giving a price and it was working  utill I went to a house the other day and was told that they need accurate measurements for price  I was  toying with the wheel thing don't know what you call it

so I bought a  digital measure   nice bit a kit  I have actually put £40 on a job because of it   so do you use     tape / wheel / digital     or visual

If possible i use google earth pro's co ordinates feature to drop markers around a border and get a pretty accurate area from that

Excellent feature and i can measure gutter runs etc from home lol

Just found this which will explain it

https://youtu.be/O7lkAbXH3pg

Last edited by a moderator:
yes

ive been using google earth for a while now  for fronts of houses to get a rough idea    got that pr  thanks 

I have a large tape measure....generally do the largest area in a square and throw little bits like side alleys etc that will take 5 mins with the fsc in for free, helps to secure a quote if they know they arent getting nit picked for every last square inch, although it is highly competitive here so theres a need for giving the odd bit of leeway.

A surveyor's measuring tape for me too.

I have looked at wheels an lasers, but find a tape is the most versatile thus useful for houses. If I was doing a lot more larger areas, I would look at a wheel again.

Paul

Warrenpoint Window Cleaning
Warrenpoint Gutter Cleaning

Back