Venting my Annoyance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by SPCleaning, May 19, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I have lived in this 3 bed semi for over 30 years. There has been the same neighbour for the whole time and we have always got on. I clean his windows, he cuts my lawn.

Recently I put in an application for an extension on the rear of my property. Upstairs only, built on pillars. This will provide an extra bedroom for fostering and an office.
    I spoke to the neighbour and all was well. The council carried out a site visit today and it turns out the neighbour has objected. He has an issue over a loss of light.

Like I said,...I is a bit annoyed.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most planning applications are approved eventualy even though an objection has been raised so I should not worry about it.

3. strech

strech Well-Known Member

If you didn`t clean his windows so well, he wouldn't have an issue with the light. :hehehe:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

mate they let next door neigbour on my mums old house build on the boundary line it was the edge of a garage and there guttering hung over our drive by 6 inches roughly plaaning passed lol

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I would ask what his problem is and why not the backbone to tell you himself

6. TolishAPurd

Maybe there's a bit of the green eyed monster going on.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most of the time objectors don't fully understand the planning application and what real effect if any the extension will have so is just is a knee jerk reaction. Others might object to try to get back at a person they really don't like. None are grounds for the application not to be approved if the building plans fall within the local council planning criteria.

8. How much light will he lose?

9. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

Not a lot in my view (I am biased though) The build will be on the North side so sunshine (what is that? I hear you cry) is there for a very short time in the morning. The build would be 3 metres in depth, so its not very large.

I think his son has wound him up saying things like it will devalue his property.

10. That's a pity then. Explain to him that if you sell up and an undesirable moves in, it'll devalue even more? Like you say, south side or his only window and he'd have an argument.
    What's the deal with planning extensions in England? I heard that everything was passing up to 8m long and the width of the building, on ground level though?

Advertisement