Vents

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Matty H, Mar 7, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

What do you lads do about frame vents? I've always gone over them in the summer as they dry quickly and by the time you've done all the others and come to rinse its not dripping all that dirt they seem to trap! However in colder weather I tend to avoid them and just go up to top rail. I absolutely hate them

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I dont really have problems with vents matty. On the 1st clean i give them a very thorough clean, then a quick going over every time i am there and its never been a problem.

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Yes best way is to keep on top of them clean each time then you wont have much dirt in them.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

If they are bad a few goes over will do the job, and keep on top of them as the will ruin the whole window if left, they shouldn't be that much of a problem with them.

5. Scadi

Scadi Guest

Clean as often as you can. Do not make it a routine, just when you feel that they are getting dirty. After all it is simpler to clean a bit rather than a huge pile. Like badbusdriver said - clean them once good then a little bit every now or then. :angel:

6. Paul

Paul Guest

I always cleaned the whole window all frames and vents everytime, the guy I worked for said if it's part of the window clean it.

Diffrent people do it different, that's just the way I was told, that's the worst cause of streaks vents.

7. Ryan

Ryan Guest

as long as thay run clean after a min or 2 its fine

but ya thay are a pain

8. James

James Guru

I try and avoid them as best as possible, they are a pain in the backside.

9. best

best Active Member

I do the same

Advertisement