Verbal or Written

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Kennygggkent, Aug 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kennygggkent

Kennygggkent Transparent Window Cleaning

Hey Guys,

Had a few custys pushing their luck recently, one who I quoted £75 to clean filthy plasting "VERTICAL CLADDING"(written on quote) and windows but she expected me to clean her gutters, soffits and fascia and apex in the price! So guys, what do you do, Do you always give a written quote for bigger jobs?

Also when getting a new maintenance clean i'm thing about giving them a little paper contract with my terms. Anyone do that?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

I always provide a written quote for anything over £50, details of everything they request written down and price.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. mark

mark Forum Addict

this is some thing I get all the time with plastic cleans.went to quote a conservatory clean.i quoted the price 4 it.are you happy with it?well err the gutters need cleaning & the watch you me call its(soffits)this has the potential 4 more added work 4 no more extra pay.as above anything over £50-£60-have double copy invoice.

4. TolishAPurd

I would only do a written quote for a days work/£150, unless asked for specifically.

5. mark

mark Forum Addict

custies always change the goal posts.put it down in writing or you will get stung.

6. MrBump

MrBump Guest

If they ask you to do cladding/conservatory, now's the perfect time to tell them their gutters are filthy and you'll give them a quote for that too. Then they can't try their luck adding bits on later as they've already been quoted for it all and hopefully accepted already too :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I just had a look on the eBay. You can buy personalised invoice / quote books for just £7.50 with your own info printed on them.

8. Kennygggkent

Thanks Guys and i'll defo do that me thinks green.

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

i just turn up quote the job they ask an point out and dubble check what they want done never not bin payed (as yet):D , if they try it on i say if u want that done its x amount more take it or leve it sort of thing G-)

10. Kennygggkent

Yeah Tench, I would have talked her into getting the gutters and all done, but she wasn't there, so I left a written quote on the back of my card, but she was really trying it on. (Sods law she wasn't there). Said she could get someone down the road to do it for £100, when it was at least a £150er. So I walked off.

Advertisement