Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Had To Bite My Tounge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JDMW

grrr i had a new clean today, she gave me her number the other day and i forgot it so i text her and asked what number she text bk 61 so i go and do her house. i said i done 61 but it dont have a conny like you said, she replied saying nooooooo 51 sorry my finger hit wrong number :angry: bit my tounge and after 20 mins looking for her house hid behind some flats i proceeded to clean. done the front and a side, went to open a gate and it was bolted. i text saying its bolted. she text bk saying it shouldnt be, maybe the wind shut the bolt across. i said i aint got time to waste. i wasted 1 hrs today messing about and then doing wrong Beepin house. at this point i was fuming and had a bad head. she said well my daughters paid u yes. i said yep i done her house first, she said go bk round and give her ten pounds of the 20 i gave you. i said sorry cant do that. you knew i was coming so why make excuses up about the gate being bolted. i did a stupid thing by blind quoting them aswell. all her windows bar 1 had plastic square things on the glass. it took ages to do the front. i know the number one rule is go and see the house before quoting, she sent me pics of her window down stairs that had the plastic off. so naturally i said ok 20. what would you have done if someone did this to you. today i feel like just telling everyone of my customers to peeeeee orf. :wacko: :unsure: :angry:

Climb the gate by separating your ladders and carry on. Or tell her you'll do just fronts for a tenner in future and if the gates unbolted you'll do the back too for 20.

Oops! How embarrassing & annoying.

I hope you put a "your windows have been cleaned today" slip through the letterbox of the wrong house you cleaned?

You never know you might still get paid as they might be looking for a regular window cleaner.

Regarding quotes I always double check that the address is correct even if quoting blind over the phone. Ppl do forget to unlock gates too so maybe a courtesy phone call to remind them say the evening before might help to.

Never mind as we all live and learn.

For example I did not make my usual courtesy reminder call last week for a gutter clearing & cleaning job that was booked 2 weeks previously.

Doh! Was 10 miles round trip and when I arrived at the property at the agreed time and day the customer said she had completely forgot and was just going out the door for a weekend away.

She then said can we rebook the work back in another day. I was a bit annoyed to say the least but managed to bite my tongue. I then said I'm here now and if I have access to the back will complete the work and can forward via email payment details so could make an online payment instead. To which she agreed and I'm still chasing for payment over one week later.

It seems some ppl also conveniently forget to pay their bills too. /emoticons/biggrin.png

but you wouldnt forget your first window clean would you lol. her daughter said to me while i cleaned her windows the gates open and its ok the dogs will bark. this place was like a maze, my sat nav didnt know where to go, i went left, left, left, left ang on seen this before ill go right then it put me bk to where i started. ages. then i messaged her to say i found it to find she gave wrong address. reason i didnt have the address was because the details were in my work trousers and i had my best trousers on today as i was going to knock some doors. but i didnt knock in the vile temper she put me in. then her daughter said well climb the gate. nooo i aint doing my self an injury for no one. they open the gate i clean. they dont they get charged in my eyes. now ive calmed down a bit i said fri morning dead on 11am, if there not in or the gates open shes gone.

Oops! How embarrassing & annoying.
I hope you put a "your windows have been cleaned today" slip through the letterbox of the wrong house you cleaned?

You never know you might still get paid as they might be looking for a regular window cleaner.
there windows were minging mate, i mean the water came off BLACK. i used lots of water to realise the house was a different road and the sign was hidden in BEEPING bushes. i was on the right road in my head tho as it was a corner. i feel sorry for delivery drivers, no wonder there nutcases driving mad, it drove me crazy.

At least you realised the mistake and thanks for sharing as is a lesson to us all /emoticons/wink.png

ive actually done this before lmfao cleaned someones windows to find there house wasnt 9 it was 6 and the number dropped down lmfao. thats the stuff you see on tv isnt it, this was a few weeks into me starting window cleaning. ive seen most things now from naked women at the door to dog turds on my hands :lol: :lol:

its going again, i was like i ran outta petrol, lucky some carpet layer in a van stopped and said sounds like my battery had it. i said its new ffs. he jumped my car from his van and it started. but i think the cold got to the car. never knew a car could stop going along if the battery died, news to me. he said they can. but when he jumped my car it started. was weird. mot due next week aswell so need a credit card lol

U gota make sure u tale down the right details all the tym mate otherwise it could prove costly

Latest Posts

Back