Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another Scam Phone Call

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

This time was from a well spoken chap wanting to raise money for his charity by offering an ad in a magazine that goes out to so say thousands of households. So after a while listing to him go on I said "no I'm not interested" then he hung up on me without saying another word. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Phone number was withheld. Go figure :rolleyes:

After placing an advet on free website, a couple of hours later i had call from global media corporation, asking if wanted ad in police and fire service magazine for charity, said i might be interested if send me details of advert and copy past publications they've done. Next thing i know get invoice in post wanting £180 for quarterly advert!!! Phoned them saying not paying and was only interested and after more info, they said i'd agreed verbal contract but could offer discount and do it for £100. i said i didn't want take advert out and did not want to pay as only just set up business. Was told it would be 50% cancellation fee, how can i cancel an order i din't place!!!! or the debt would be passed to collection company and be subject to court judgement!!!! Anyway i called trading standards and with them i sent a letter saying i wanted the invoice cancelled and they had been reported to TS. The next morning at 9.01 i receive email saying i would never hear from them again and the invoice was cancelled.

Scammers and crooks!!!!!

anyone that rings me now I just say "I don't do business deals over the phone you never know who youre dealing with but if you would like to meet up or ill pop into your office for a chat" soon gets rid of them also Ive only had a couple since I cancelled my yell.com add.

Has anyone had the business banking survey calls they seem to be the latest ones for me

Im still waiting for my prize /emoticons/sad.png

Gave him all my card details and i was told i would be entered into a special draw /emoticons/sad.png

Yeah right /emoticons/biggrin.png

Im still waiting for my prize /emoticons/sad.png
Gave him all my card details and i was told i would be entered into a special draw /emoticons/sad.png

I get loads of these,another one which sounds dodgy are .gov.uk.want you to pay £100 for public sector contracts as well as numerous others.

Charity magazine for doctors,foresters magazine is another dodgy one,so frustrating when trying to work and genuine enquiries are coming through.

Sounds like a phone scam indeed. Why else would the caller keep his number private?

This one sure reminds me of the call I got from 478-743-1568. The lady claimed to be a representative of the Firefighter's foundation and was calling to solicit money for the injured firefighters. But I thought it was suspicious because the caller did not identify herself, did not even give me her name. She just went straight to telling me she was working for the foundation and that it would be a big help if I donated. I asked her for their office address so I could visit them but then the caller hung up.

Well, I guess I was right. I Googled the phone number and http://www.callercenter.com/478-743-1568.html came up along with several complaints posted against the caller.

I wonder how this person is still able to call despite the complaints.

Sadly scammers make money from gullible people that's why they are still about...

Most would not admit they have be scammed anyway.

I admit I have been once years ago on a lost new credit card. Fortunately I did not have to pay the £6000 back thank god.

businessgrants.gov.uk they tried it on with me £230 pcm to be a approved business partner and get 25-50 leads per month from commercial customers looking for your specific service, i agreed as it sounded good then whent and done some background checks on them when had the time and heard nothing but bad things about them so rung up to cancel and had the phone put down on me! ...... con men

Thanks for sharing /emoticons/wink.png

Would be good to hear other members experiences too...

businessgrants.gov.uk they tried it on with me £230 pcm to be a approved business partner and get 25-50 leads per month from commercial customers looking for your specific service, i agreed as it sounded good then whent and done some background checks on them when had the time and heard nothing but bad things about them so rung up to cancel and had the phone put down on me! ...... con men

Yes stay well away code starts in 01323 but now from with held number.

Please,please stay away as sound very convincing.

When I told him I got loads of work and a few public contracts,got funny.

Done lots of research,very dodgy,please stay away lads.

Latest Posts

Back