Viakal magic

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Posh, Jan 25, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

I have a house that has a big rose bush in front of the window. Once a year they cut it down & I can clean the window. Got there today & it's been cut down. So I spray it with viakal & let it soak in while I do upstairs Windows. Come down & without thinking soak the bottoms with my applicator then realising it a now be covered in viakal. Anyway window came up fine so thought shall I rinse applicator out or carry on. Carried on & what a difference with a bit of viakal on it. Squeegee felt like it was on ice. Glided lovely & was brilliant with the liquidator. Have I discovered a new mix. Gonna try it again tomorrow to see what happens.

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Oh & the Windows had a lovely sparkle to them.

3. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

Viakal as in the limescale remover? Or am I missing something?:zzz:

4. Posh

Posh Hero

Yeah that's it

5. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

Very interested to hear the results. My only concern - having just risk assessed the bloody stuff for the school I work at - would be that it would destroy your squeegee rubbers quicker than usual and maybe window seals? It's very acidic (2.2pH I recall) so your skin would feel a bit soft after use. Do you use it much? I thought it was expensive. I've never used any chemical to be honest and have been looking into the Virosol and Ubik offerings recently.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Virosol or ubik is the best to use

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Nah I don't use it much. Just for windows that have lime scale on them or like I said that stuff off rose bushes. Never really thought what it could do to a squeegee rubber. £2 a bottle from tesco.

8. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

I would feel Virosol and Ubik are a lot more enviro too as well as being cheaper ;-) every penny counts after all!

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Virosol is citrus based which means it's powerfull but enviro friendly
    Ubik is foodsafe but i don't know what impact it would have on the environment

10. AGlassAct

AGlassAct Active Member

I've thought about a similar thing on facias in the past to be honest but fear the unexpected - I just know it's quite a harsh cleaner. It is certainly good at what it's made for that's for sure. Keep us updated, I like a good experiment!!!

Advertisement