Vibrating van!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by little j, Apr 2, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. little j

little j Member

I have just mounted a booster pump to the floor of my van. I have insulated the pipes to stop the noise as much as I can. My delightful neighbour has been straight over complaining about the noise and threatening me with noise pollution! I fill it up once every 2 days for about an hour.

Has anyone else had any trouble regarding this? any ideas about lessening the noise?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Tell you neighbour to get a life! :mad:

3. laddergarder

They complained about a pump, I would get up Sunday morning 8 am, get the lawn mower and pressure washing and get cracking. Maybe play some music while I was working.

4. little j

little j Member

She is a colossal douche bag

5. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Buy yea neighbour some ear plugs, send em to him gift wrapped, with a nice bow round.. just for an extra sweetener...!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. cheapncheerful

yeh we all got neighbours like that...ask him when he goes out and do it then...i know your on a regular schedule so thats no good..like laddergarder says..if you have grass to cut/power wash etc do it then and he wont hear a thing...i mean some people are a pain in the butt have no life and so try to annoy people so they have something to moan about....one of my neighbours complained when i had a fire in the back garden....i only have a fire in the garden on nov 5th....one from the back threatened to call the police because it was smoky...it was wet as always in november...:mad:

i had a neighbour once who had a daughter who chose to bounce her ball against my house at ten oclock at night...i didnt say a thing....i knew where her bedroom was and guess who got a ball bouncing off her window at 6.30 am as i went to walk the dogs....she never did it again:D

7. TolishAPurd

Little J. Never, ever, back down to people like this. Once you do, you will be in thier pocket and they will think they own you. Keep doing what you are doing, and if he bothers you again, tell him/her to p*$$ off. I can't imagine its a particularly loud and prolonged noise so they won't have a leg to stand on. Take comfort in the fact that if you hate her, the rest of the street probably does too. There is one of these down every road, and I bumped into ours a few weeks back, needless to say he wasn't very happy with the result of his complaint.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most type motors/pumps are mounted on rubber to cut down on vibration noise so maybe try that to see if it makes any difference.
    Let me pop over to pressure wash your drive/patio and that will really piss her off :D

9. norm

norm Grand Master

hope ya charge mates rates:D

10. norm

norm Grand Master

wouldnt worry they cant do anything about an hour or two noise offer to do his windows sorry clean his windows:D

Advertisement