Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vikan easy shine question

Spit & polish

Can you extend the vikran easy shine say with a trade pole? as i have a few kitchen skylights on a new job.

The rest i can get without ladders needed to be brought indoors.

Can you extend the vikran easy shine say with a trade pole? as i have a few kitchen skylights on a new job.

Technically with the kit NO

However finding the correct diameter extendable pole with the same cutouts you can remove the easy shine head i believe the unger Optilock pole is the same however it defeats it's intended use as it's not meant for high level cleaning. 

The rubbish Unger stingray allows you to go higher but it's extension
 pole kit's aren't cheap 

If you want to replicate the Vikan kit buy the internal unger system with quick change pads

Here's my easy shine kit if you haven't already got one

@Spit & polishive not used a Vikan but have used an unger stingray and also the internal kit. The stingray is not good apart from the thick grey pads which are brilliant. Extended though it’s not great. The internal kit (has a rectangle Velcro pad holder) is much better. Again buy the thick plush microfibre pads as the normal ones aren’t really very good. Get one pad lightly wet with pure water and then have a pad that’s bone dry to buff the window. The only thing I find with kitchen windows and skylights is they often have spots of grease from cooking over time. If you’re good with a pole you’ll be better with an applicator and squeegee, or if you can get your ladder in and a rubber mat for the feet then you’ll get the best result.

Last edited:
On 24/05/2021 at 16:38, Apw1210 said:

Technically with the kit NO

However finding the correct diameter extendable pole with the same cutouts you can remove the easy shine head i believe the unger Optilock pole is the same however it defeats it's intended use as it's not meant for high level cleaning. 

The rubbish Unger stingray allows you to go higher but it's extension
 pole kit's aren't cheap 

If you want to replicate the Vikan kit buy the internal unger system with quick change pads

Here's my easy shine kit if you haven't already got one

I wouldn`t even entertain the idea of a stingray on a extension pole. Even more useless.

Back