Vivaro Lwb Vs Transit Swb

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by sdrah, Jul 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. sdrah

sdrah Guest

I m looking to change my van soon as the combo I have became too small for some reasons : )

In the last few months I started to maw the lawn for some of my customers - and I am reasonably happy doing that as from about 3 customers i get 100 quid - anyway ..

Now the combo is full with gardening tools , hoses , wfp etc - and sometimes it take me an hr to get my van sorted ...

In other words - I need a slightly bigger van and Transit or Vivaro is in my mind - however don't know what's best buy

A swb transit is a bit more roomy but I recon has a worse MPG then vivaro ?

any advice would be appreciated

PS: Im happy to spend up to 8k

Advertisement
  2. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

40+ mpg in my transit.. I also upgraded from A combo as I outgrew it.. Plenty of room in the transit, although its good to use the space effiecntly and not just set everything on the floor lol.. I need to get shelves made!

3. sdrah

sdrah Guest

is it a swb ? and how old is it - - probably is labout 3 years old ? as the older models doesn't have such a gr8 mpg

yes shelving is a good idea - I already sketched it it on the paper : )

4. mark m

mark m Hero

all I can say is I have a lwb traffic great motors

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Yes it's swb low roof.. 2008..

6. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

ide get a transit the traffic an vauxhall an nissan r the same van with a different bage thats it hurd thay suffer gearbox probs an ive sin a lot broke down at side of road just my view tho .

7. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

Not sure about mpg difference but transits aren't really greedy, I've always said to mates who want a van, get a transit!
    There's a reason that they're the most popular van on the road, cheap for parts too.
    Had a mate who had a vauxhall van that was just a rebadged Renault and I wasn't that impressed myself and he needed a gearbox in that luckily he had warranty on it at the time.
    For me the main vans on the road are transits or sprinters but there does seem to be more of these Renault/vauxhall vans on the road.

8. mark m

mark m Hero

I agree before 05 plate the traffic had gearbox problems but they have sorted this out this is why so are so popular now I have had both and a traffic is so much better than a transit in fact miles and miles better

9. HotWash Window Cleaners

I think the vivaro is the nicer van and more economical by far. But I haven't had a chance to test drive the new transit.

10. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

thats gud to hear thay sorted gearbox prob out cos thay r realy nce looking vans every time i c one i think coa thay looks smart lol my scudo will do me 4 now tho :Image3:

Advertisement