Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vodka in Pure Water?

James

Sounds insane to me but each to their own I guess.

I read today that this guy buys a whole load of Russian Standard Vodka in bulk and puts precisely 1 shot in every tank he cleans with. He was bragging about how it leaves an immensely clean finish.

I wonder if he tells his customers hes cleaning their windows with Vodka?

James.

you'll know he tells them by if after cleaning, the custy licks the sill /emoticons/smile.png

it sounds no different than using isoproponyll, won't get me throwing vodka on a window, even if it is firewater, a drink is a drink

Haha my thoughts exactly chip! Not quite sure what he's trying to prove with this but I'd deffinately keep the drink as a drink & not a window cleaning subsidence!

i'm assuming that the alcohol causes it to act as antifreeze as iso does. apparently the antifreeze effect is negated by the fact it evaporates so fast, so at the business end of the brush essentially ineffective. (i've never tried it so can't speak from exp). as for better finish, opinions are split, some say it does better, others say it's in their head

Mythbusters is awesome! I'm completely addicted to it lol. Seems there is use for vodka then I guess, maybe theres a cheaper option than the drink though.

James.

we'll be dragging mini bars out the back of the van at this rate /emoticons/smile.png

how would you like them cleaned today maam? whisky or rum?

Sorry - finished my bottle last august - ish.

Fantastic single malt -had it in the cupboard for a couple of years before I could bring myself to open it - now I miss it badly.

Lmao my thread is getting battered /emoticons/smile.png

I've just got back from the pub and everyones talking about whisky rum and vodka!

never mind your post getting battered, at this rate everyone will be battered /emoticons/smile.png

Back