Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Check A Trade

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I seen an add on the tele I was like, ill av some of that. Went to sign up and its 40 a month or something liek that. Im not sure what the leds are like I can imagine they would be that god for our sort of work

If someone leaves a bad review it's there for good!

As Marc's said it's not cheap!

I’m just downgrading my account after a year and half. Spending £150 per month and really not paying for itself. You may be better Of with local advertising
£150 a month !,,,,,,, ???? that’s some serious money , the cheapest and best response rate of any advertising I have done over the years is sign written vans pays for it’s self 10x over , then next in line would be a good website.

I was with checkatrade for the first couple of years and yes it is expensive but it got me loads of business. Its all about getting those reviews in. I think you only need to be a member for a year or two. Once you have built up that momentum you will be fine. Get your van sign written and a uniform maybe and the rest is history.
What ticks me off is they are constantly emailing you to rejoin.

I've been on Checkatrade since 2018 and it was very good but far off work would come in. Only paying £12 a month now and the work still comes in. It got bought over and the US company was only interested in money so its quickly dying. Everyone I know has left or leaving so it doesn't look good for their future. I'm now advertising on local directory at £60 a month which suits me and gives me local work. In the end one can't beat local customers where you can pop in to your house at lunchtime or tea breaks.

I've been on Checkatrade since 2018 and it was very good but far off work would come in. Only paying £12 a month now and the work still comes in. It got bought over and the US company was only interested in money so its quickly dying. Everyone I know has left or leaving so it doesn't look good for their future. I'm now advertising on local directory at £60 a month which suits me and gives me local work. In the end one can't beat local customers where you can pop in to your house at lunchtime or tea breaks.
£12.00 a month? It costs like £70-£80 per month?
How are you paying £12? Thanks

So why not cancel it then ?

I seem to recall various posts about Checkatrade being the best thing since sliced bread and worth every overpriced penny.....and something about Checkatrade/ Trust a Trader & Co being the future platform for small businesses - websites were dead. But perhaps I'm misquoting and apologies if I am.....but don't think I am.

So why not cancel it then ?
Built a website in Checkatrade and don't want to lose it. Like the fact I can still have their stickers on my van and also in my website. Someone told me I can always reject work instead of trying to please every enquiry. Got a gutter clear last week from them and one this week, also a first clean i did on Sunday and got soaked into the bargain. Doing a big pvc clean today and tomorrow which is a neighbour of a customer i got through Checkatrade. You can get some good customers who are looking for trust above anything else. Got a TV presenter a few weeks ago and now an IT owner today. I thought it would slow down but got busier so will take it while I can. Not set a target yet, either new house, new van or stump grinder. ?

Built a website in Checkatrade and don't want to lose it. Like the fact I can still have their stickers on my van and also in my website. Someone told me I can always reject work instead of trying to please every enquiry. Got a gutter clear last week from them and one this week, also a first clean i did on Sunday and got soaked into the bargain. Doing a big pvc clean today and tomorrow which is a neighbour of a customer i got through Checkatrade. You can get some good customers who are looking for trust above anything else. Got a TV presenter a few weeks ago and now an IT owner today. I thought it would slow down but got busier so will take it while I can. Not set a target yet, either new house, new van or stump grinder. ?
It doesn’t give you anything that your own stand alone website won’t give you for a fraction of the price , I personally have never used checkatrade and dont think I would to be honest .

It doesn’t give you anything that your own stand alone website won’t give you for a fraction of the price , I personally have never used checkatrade and dont think I would to be honest .
Totally understand someone who has been in business for 20yrs but I have only been in this business for 4yrs. I've got good motion now and I want to keep that motion heading forward. Only spend £72 a month on advertising and its paying off with local work. Watching all those motivational videos on Utube and trying to copy what they are saying and it seems to be paying off. Making constructive growth every month now so it must be working. Getting up earlier in the morning and trying to have van ready the night before and focus more on discipline.

A problem with checkAtrade and similar is they lock you in by getting the reviews that are only in their system. If you stop paying then all the reviews disappear!!
They might be good for some trades but long term much better getting Google reviews and your own website.

A problem with checkAtrade and similar is they lock you in by getting the reviews that are only in their system. If you stop paying then all the reviews disappear!!
They might be good for some trades but long term much better getting Google reviews and your own website.
The way I see it, if it works then keep doing it, if it doesn't then nip it in the bud. I don't even think about how much it costs me as long as it pays for itself. Best £12 I will every spend this month because I have made over £200 from it. The £60 brings in local window cleans and lucky to cover the £60 cost but they are local which I'm looking for. At the end of the day its what works for you that really counts. I'm loving it. ?

Latest Posts

Back