Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Contacting window cleaners for work?

Anndycraigen

Hi there first post and im sorry if this isnt the right place im just looking for a little info.

So basically i cleaned windows alot when i was 16 im now 22 and have moved back to scotland.. i want to start my own run maybe six months to a year down the line.. but what im looking to do now is try to find a cleaner local to me (paisley) and basically just go to work and do what they need me to do.

So basically what id like to know is.. whats the best way to contact a window cleaner and ask them if they would take me on?

Old information or have seen before maybe? who knows:rolleyes:

Forgive me if I'm being stupid,..........but whats with this 'Old' rating that people have started using?

Forgive me if I'm being stupid,..........but whats with this 'Old' rating that people have started using?
I think he just got the measure of smurf quite quickly, I personally don't mind the smell of cabbage.:whistle:

I just put it down to finger trouble on tablets and the like. I've collected four so far.

You could try doing a search on the internet and/or phone book for local established firms then contact them directly to see if they would be interested in taking you on. You will also have to look into if you need a window cleaners license and insurance

Hi there first post and im sorry if this isnt the right place im just looking for a little info.
So basically i cleaned windows alot when i was 16 im now 22 and have moved back to scotland.. i want to start my own run maybe six months to a year down the line.. but what im looking to do now is try to find a cleaner local to me (paisley) and basically just go to work and do what they need me to do.

So basically what id like to know is.. whats the best way to contact a window cleaner and ask them if they would take me on?

Back to the first post; if you have cleaned before, (and even if you havent) then i think you would be better off just starting out on your own. Every day you spend working for another windy, is a lost day of picking up your own customers.

Not to worry bud /emoticons/wink.png

I believe i may be at fault for that, im on my smartphone and i must have mispressed it by accide t , sorry /emoticons/tongue.png

I take no notice of those myself as i'm always getting my worms in a mucking fuddle /emoticons/biggrin.png

[media]

[/media]

This was my initial plan but taking a look around i noticed there was a large number of windys in my area and i have not passed my driving test so getting customers within walking distance could be quite hard /emoticons/tongue.png that and i dont really have enough funds to startup myself at the moment.

Back to the first post; if you have cleaned before, (and even if you havent) then i think you would be better off just starting out on your own. Every day you spend working for another windy, is a lost day of picking up your own customers.

I take no notice of those myself as i'm always getting my worms in a mucking fuddle /emoticons/biggrin.png
<----------User name. /emoticons/wink.png

Furry muff Andy. You gotta do what you gotta do. :thumbsup:

Back