Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

X Hose to get water to DI then into barrels on a trolley, idea?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Want to run water from kitchen tap to DI (10 metres away on trolley). Thought one of those X hoses would be ideal (as it's compact) to throw under the sink. I would connect it to a proper hose half way. Are x hoses any good for this?

Also, want to put a twin or triple Di onto a trolley, so I can wheel them down from garage to outside car (30 metres away), would this work?

It's designed to support mains pressure. It should work as you don't need so much pressure to push water through resin as you do an RO. However, I'm not talking from experience here as I use an RO + Resin and I've never used X Hose in my system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I will order on of those X hoses.

If I get a piece of ply -thick and put three squares of baton on it so three 11 litre DI canistors can be held. I was thinking of drilling through the bottom of a sack trolley then putting two bolts through to the ply above. Us a bungee at the top to hold the canistors in place. Then I could wheel it all down to my car and near kitchen tap in flat to fill barrels. Would this work?

It's often all about trial and error. Try something, if it works great, if not forget it and try something else. I'm always looking for ways to lighten my workload and even eight years in I'm still learning.

Yeah if it fails will just take sack trolley to the tip, no great loss I guess. Will be interesting wheeling it down the hill at night to my car then connecting it up to barrels in car and other end to x hose coming out of 1st floor window. Wonder how long it will take before the old nosey parker who lives the other side of flats realizes what I am doing and makes a problem. Don't think anyone who lives right next to me and will see it will care mind!

Back