Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

Last time I bought a Wagtail it was yellow. I liked that one.

I have a lot and I do mean a lot of retail glass to do (a shopping center) short poles and hand held.

What is the current recommendation for a wagtail for this? My old yellow one was perfect for this type of stuff.

I need a straight to the packet option. I don't want to mess about 'modding' one.

Cheers.

Last time I bought a Wagtail it was yellow. I liked that one.
I have a lot and I do mean a lot of retail glass to do (a shopping center) short poles and hand held.

What is the current recommendation for a wagtail for this? My old yellow one was perfect for this type of stuff.

I need a straight to the packet option. I don't want to mess about 'modding' one.

Cheers.
If you were happy with the yellow one these guys still have some stock plus yellow pads...you'll have to enquire whether they've also got the white snap retaining clips... http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000002.pl?SS=Wagtail+orbital&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=ACTION&page=search&PR=-1&TB=A

If you want to get a similar feel with something new...ish I'd recommend the slimline flipper.

id say go for an 18 inch slimline that will be big enough to cut the big glass down in no time

few yrs ago there was a 36 inch yellow , i had one , this was very good on big glass not sure if they still sell them in the uk could likely get one direct from Australia or fit a big channel of a different make to the slimline

changing a channel on a squeegee isnt modding it . by the way was that you Green bidding on my 0 degree unger squeegee on Ebay a week ago ?

14" slimline flipper

Go too big and issues on not 100% flat glass with standard channels

14" on a pole is quick even on big glass

Could always put a liquidator channel in it:whistle:

So is the consensus that it should be a 14 inch Slimline for short poles for large frame-less panes of glass.
My go to is the 14" for most of my contracts. I have a few large plate stores and tend to use a 16" on pole, but honestly the advantage is minimal. I personally can't get on with 18" on a Wag handle. I'm working on it but it's still a work in progress... :)

i have alot in a shopping centre and trust me you dont want to mess about with wagtail

get an unger vice versa for tops and this

g-d save ettore for creating these

ettore aluminium super system sqeegeee

75cm squeggee channel that actualy works!!!!!

and this of course

the unger 75cm washer and tbar

with these each worker becomes like two

View attachment 5232

What's your advice on poles Eric? Will they be fine straight on a Unger Optiloc?
Working with them on a pole I like Willie's concept of the Erkenomic Tip which angles back 15°. The same result can be achieved with an angle crank as well. A lot of the guys find direct onto the Unger tip fine. I personally like the tilt back as you can move further away from the glass, pivot is easier and accuracy on the fanning is easier to maintain.

What's your advice on poles Eric? Will they be fine straight on a Unger Optiloc?
The wag handle fits perfectly on the optiloc cone but i do find using an adjustable crank beneficial in getting the correct angle wherever you need to stand

Back