Wagtail combo= any of you already using one?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Aug 12, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

a fellow windie gave me this combo in the photo. he couldnt get along with it.

wag.jpg my question is ,when using it as a 1 pass tool, what way round do you think the pad should be ?
    iv only used it so far as a 2 pass tool, where the pad flips up for the scrub pass and then dangles down for the squeegee pass

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

To be honest Boar, I think its a piece of ****. Whichever way I used the pad it just never seemed as good as a tbar. Now I just use the squeegee portion for awkward windows but that's it. Its a shame as it could be great, but the design is just a bit poor. Just my opinion, others may disagree.

3. norm

norm Grand Master

agree with Tolish
    i think ya have the applicator underside of ya blade so appplicator wets/cleans and ya blade follows up

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's why I never bothered to get one to try after seeing wagga's review

6. RyanL

RyanL Member

I can't seem to get the hang of the Wagtail, it feels like it's at the wrong angle for my style and gives me hand cramp.

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

gave it a bit of a go today , what i really want is to be able to use it as a 1 pass tool , i havnt worked out yet where the pad sits for one pass use. one thing that i really like on this tool compared to the usual wagtails is that the handle sits above the channel rather than below -closing out is easier than usual as is fanning Photo-0015.jpg

8. TolishAPurd

I think the one pass thing you are thinking of is a different version of the wagtail mate. This one just flips up so save time between pad and squeegee. You mention the closing out, be very careful with that tool as the aluminium channel catches very easily and makes a horrible grinding sound-I never scratched any glass with it, but it would be enough to get a custy worried.

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you could be right . believe the one i have is called a COMBO ,maybe thats just a new name for a FLIPPER

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Is this the one you have in the pic?

Advertisement