Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Smallest brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you want my honest opinion the only tool is the guy that designed glass Juliet balconies in the first place. Also the numpties that uses them in buildings not thinking how they can be cleaned. Then customers expect us to clean them from the outside. That's even dangling from a rope from the top of the building FFS /emoticons/biggrin.png
I hear you. The developer went bust when the Bank of Ireland pulled the plug in early 2009 prior to the flats being all sold, and they definitely finished the development with a few cheaper fixings than were expected.

The Juliet balconies were actually an existing item on the plans, but there was this hilarious situation where a few months after the block was all sold, we had engineers visiting every flat to re plumb the underfloor heating pipes as the three attachments to the pipework had been put on in the wrong order, so the thermostat in the bedroom clicked in and the sitting room got warm etc....lol!

Oh, and then the kitchen cupboards fell off the walls in a couple of flats and some guys came to all the flats to fit the correct bolts to the units, and they used the wrong paint on the wrong material bath panels (MDF) so the paint starts peeling as soon as it gets wet....

I don't want to knock the place too much, its actually all been sorted and is a lovely place to live, all the residents talk to each other via our facebook group we created, so things get sorted quickly and people come up with solutions to problems, but this one has stumped us.

I have forwarded the link WJCN64 posted, to the agent, so we'll see what happens.

I'm no inventor, but there is a big market for the tool which solves this problem...and don't say a hammer! LOL! Have a nice evening everyone.

I hear you. The developer went bust when the Bank of Ireland pulled the plug in early 2009 prior to the flats being all sold, and they definitely finished the development with a few cheaper fixings than were expected.
The Juliet balconies were actually an existing item on the plans, but there was this hilarious situation where a few months after the block was all sold, we had engineers visiting every flat to re plumb the underfloor heating pipes as the three attachments to the pipework had been put on in the wrong order, so the thermostat in the bedroom clicked in and the sitting room got warm etc....lol!

Oh, and then the kitchen cupboards fell off the walls in a couple of flats and some guys came to all the flats to fit the correct bolts to the units, and they used the wrong paint on the wrong material bath panels (MDF) so the paint starts peeling as soon as it gets wet....

I don't want to knock the place too much, its actually all been sorted and is a lovely place to live, all the residents talk to each other via our facebook group we created, so things get sorted quickly and people come up with solutions to problems, but this one has stumped us.

I have forwarded the link WJCN64 posted, to the agent, so we'll see what happens.

I'm no inventor, but there is a big market for the tool which solves this problem...and don't say a hammer! LOL! Have a nice evening everyone.
That's why I was asking about nine elms. They seem to be building faster than a Chinese cities historically did - hopefully the have better results.

Yeah, I've been watching them go up with amazing speed. Vauxhall and Wandsworth are both going to be high rise hubs, like the City and Croydon are already. I quite like it, I think the Youngs site is being down really nicely and they're keeping all the listed stuff, plus landscaping the Wandle and they did a nice job at the Filaments too.

Yeah, I've been watching them go up with amazing speed. Vauxhall and Wandsworth are both going to be high rise hubs, like the City and Croydon are already. I quite like it, I think the Youngs site is being down really nicely and they're keeping all the listed stuff, plus landscaping the Wandle and they did a nice job at the Filaments too.
Is the Youngs Site down that narrow road south of Wandsworth high St?

If you’ve not guessed it already It's called ******* common sense and get the lazy b's to open the doors and clean it themselves like they are responsible for the inside glass. /emoticons/biggrin.png

If you’ve not guessed it already It's called ******* common sense and get the lazy b's to open the doors and clean it themselves like they are responsible for the inside glass. /emoticons/biggrin.png
That's the only solution which I have thought of as well to this.

Not ideal but similar option is the windy goes round knockin / with master-key and cleans them all. What a palava to do it that way though.

That's the only solution which I have thought of as well to this.
Not ideal but similar option is the windy goes round knockin / with master-key and cleans them all. What a palava to do it that way though.
Thats fine for the balcony glass which some of the residents can access, but the flats with juliet balconies have a door/window which only opens on part of the balcony glass, not all of it. ridiculous design but there you go.

Back