Wagtail hard rubber

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Craig Carr, Sep 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Craig Carr

Craig Carr Newcomer

Hi. Ive just purcchased some wagtail red hard rubber. Does anyone know if this will work in colder climates(scotland)? I read plenty of good reviews on it but couldnt find it in the soft version.
    Ive just purchased a wagtail pivot and sone liquidator channels.
    Any advice would be great. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mark

mark Forum Addict

you've done well buying the wagtail & liquidator channels.the wagtail rubber in my opinion is not that good.it doesn't work very well in any climate.each to there own.give it a go

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

its a summertime only rubber in my opinion . very long lasting

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use the wag liquidator combo and swear by facelift razr
    Lasts forever too

5. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

I've just started out 2 weeks ago and bought a Pulex kit, but looking to improve on the squeegees, I also bought a wagtail squeegee but have yet to perfect it. Should I buy a liquidator? Does it work well as it is or does it require modding?

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Some of us swear by liquidators (a couple of us have liquidator/wagtail hybrid tool)
    An odd few have issues with them but is mostly down to needing to change technique a little which is hard for someone who has used the same technique for years
    Imo if you're still new to the game give it a go as you can learn with it and have no issues
    Just play with it on your own windows until you find what works

7. SkulBlaker

Cheers mate, I'm only doing straight pulls just now (still trying to perfect the swirl) so would it be alright for me?

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I just pm'd you some vids that may be of interest
    As for fanning (swirl) practice as much as you can..you will leave spots that need detailing but no biggie to wipe them after..then it will gradually click into place

I learnt all those years ago by being given a squeegee and applicator and my mates dad said watch this and proceeded to fan the window ..now get on and do it
    Within a couple of hours i had it mastered..imo if you start with straight pulls you are delaying the learning process
    You're gonna have to detail anyway with straight pulls so why not skip the whole process

9. SkulBlaker

Magic mate, thank you very much.

10. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

Here you go if you want to mate the Liquidator with the Wag handle...
    this is my latest 'non-destructive way of optimising a Wagtail handle and disc to accommodate the Liquidator channel.
    1. Wagtail PC... Untouched... :)
    2. Liquidator channel replicating angle of original channel. Note 'fresh air' at top of channel.
    3. Velcro strip used for packing 5-8mm strip to be taped to internal gap. Test fit, if not very firm to slide channel in add a touch more packing.
    4. Leave some overhang that can be supported when inserting channel so that there is no fouling between channel, Velcro and the disc.
    5. Finished. Note that screw is not required. I have my end clips tight enough to hold the rubber.
    6. Good to go. Note that if you don't like it, remove channel, remove packing and 'return to the status quo'. No Wagtails were crippled in this experiment... :)

Attached Files:

Advertisement