Wagtail jetstream

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by keir, Dec 24, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. keir

keir Guru

It turned up today, so had a quick go with it for about 40 minutes just trying different settings and techniques.
    First impressions, it has potential, its quite heavy on the window due to more surface area i presume, your clamps have got to be spot on or it will spin, you can still do the up and down technique, you do have to rinse a little bit.

So after doing the same windows a couple of times, and changing head angles and mop position on the t-bar and varistream settings, it looks very hopeful, its deffo a completely different feel to using a brush, i get the impression bird dack wont be too much of a problem,

when i first had a go i thought spotting was going to be a major problem because of the amount of drips on the seals and frames, but after changing where i started on the glass it becomes instantly natural if you traded for years before wfp.
    I'm just a little concerned about how well it gets into the corners and the very top of the glass on a couple of my upstairs windows, but it was blowing a gale and hail stoning so boxing day i'll have another go and do some vids so i can see what its doing. The windows dried beautifully, no spotting at all, in fact on one of my windows it has a right bad water mark which the brush never gets off, the pad seemed to get more of it off!!!

Water consumption??? I'll know more in the new year, but i run my varistream at setting A for pause pressure, and 3 or 4 on flow rate, i found on this setting that after the water had been on continuously that it wasn't enough to produce consistent 'jets', on flow 5 its fine....

As for rinsing, yeah it is weird but brilliant

Weird because at first, water just seems to go everywhere that you dont want it, then you get a slight hang of it and you immediately start thinking of the potential after using it for a few days. And it rinses and cleans beautifully but the top can be tricky,

Occasionally the edge of the pad leaves a streak which needs rinsing, but rinsing is sooo much quicker with all those jets, i think it 'could' potentially save more water and be quicker, but '5 times quicker' as willie suggests???? I aint sure about that, hydrophobic glass rinses really easily.

Its definitely is nowhere near as versatile as the brush of your choice, but if you like a change, like experimenting, or do huge panes then get it.

Personally i will use it on and off but more on till i figure it out, use the brush for frame cleans, and the jetstream for maintenance.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nice review...keep us posted how you get on

Happy Christmas bud;)

3. keir

keir Guru

P.s. It aint for leaded work either

Will do smurf, happy christmas bud

4. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Any pictures?

5. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

mr g 5.55 you was to excited for santa claus coming eh

6. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Well i woke up couldnt get bk to sleep haha...mind you i did go bed early last nite..haha

7. RiceRocket

RiceRocket Well-Known Member

I did think at the time that this wouldn't work on leaded windows & maybe those windows that have two opening sections thus struggling with "mini-sill gap" in between.
    I'd say its forte will be mainly single glass pane windows so basically commercial properties or if you're fortunate to have a group of houses with the ideal windows.

8. james44

james44 Well-Known Member

Keir put a porucupine pad on it and you will see a difference:)

9. keir

keir Guru

Gmeister, i keep meaning to get some footage up on'th tube but chrimbo has been a busy one, i am planning on doing it tomoz though.

James, is the porcupine a wagtail pad? I've seen the thread on the trad forum and they love it, but i thought it was like the unger monsoon and fits over and around the T bar, i'll google the porcupine now

10. keir

keir Guru

Just checked the porcupine out, not sure if that will fit on the T bar of the jet stream, i might see if i can retro fit my monsoon on and if it works i might get the porky, it would be like half brush half pad

Advertisement