Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

loftusW12

Hi all how you doing? as you can see i am new, though not new to window cleaning. i have never used a wfp system though. not that i am anti wfp just always worked trad. been reading the forum and thought i would join and post.

One of the reasons i have joined is to ask if anyone was looking for a another cleaner, i am currently out of work at the moment, i was working a round in Lewisham, south London, but the bloke i was working the round for(he has a F**ked back from a ladder fall a few years ago) sold it recently and me and the other bloke i worked with have been given the elbow. i live in West London and if any of you need a cleaner even if only a couple of days here and there.

I am thinking of going on my own at one stage, but the gods are against me at the mo and my Berlingo packed up on me a few weeks ago and will cost more than its worth to fix, so i am looking for work to get some cash together to buy a motor. i have sent a few CVs of to people, Like i say i have only done trad work on domestics and a few shop fronts but wouldn't mind giving the wfp a go(another feather in the cap). i have been cleaning about 7 or 8 years now and the though of going back to driving forklifts like i did for years before fills me with dread.

Sorry to come on here like old Yosser Hughes gizza job style, but just a bit down on me luck at the moment and looking for work, not a lot worse than being skint. well good people look forward to chatting with you all.

Hi & welcome to the forum:thumbsup:

I'm sure @daveyboy1 got some sort of grant recently that paid for most of his stuff to start up again.

hi and welcome loftusw12 funny i think another post on here was asking for window cleaners today so get hunting...good luck with your furture and keep us informed...

Thanks for the welcome people, and thanks for the link, like i say i am thinking of going on my own, i got 20 thousand leaflets printed and am going to do some serious pavement pounding, but like i say with no motor at the moment it is pointless putting them out. (dont let you get on the tube with ladders, bloody misery's:))

Hi mate and welcome

Have a word with local council and see if they do the same scheme my local council does

It's called a test trade grant

They give you up to 750 quid as long as you give them a business plan

Free and the only clause is they will give you a questionair to fill out in 12 months to see how you got on which if you don't fill out they can ask for money back

Other than that it is yours and don't pay back whatever happens

I know that won't pay for a motor but it may buy all your equipment

Good luck mate

us londoners gotta stick together lol

W10 is my area..well was moved away now

start doorknocking a.s.a.p where u live . houses within walking distance should get you up and running.

start this morning and dont delay or doubts creep in

dont fret about going self employed legally status for the time being . if you are getting dole money keep claiming for time being . your focus, your reason for being, should be knockin doors from dawn till dusk

Last edited:
Boar has said the same as I was thinking, just canvass the hell out of houses within walking distance of your house!

Good luck mate, I know what its like to be down on your luck been there several times, the good thing is if you put in a bit of effort you can only go up /emoticons/smile.png

Welcome to the forum mate, u dont need a motor to get going, why not canvas and work the roads that are say within a 1 mile radius of where u live?

Sorry, boarcity said this already, but goes to show u can do that, i used to work for years without a car

Welcome to the forum and good luck for the future. i am sure things will work out in the end but for now our great members will help best they can.

Welcome to the forum mate

As mentioned already, get your comfy foot ware on and start yomping you local area.

I don't have a van, in fact I don't even have a licence yet as always rode motorcycles, and even with my broken collarbone I'm still out there.

Best thing you can do is just crack on

Welcome to the forum mate
As mentioned already, get your comfy foot ware on and start yomping you local area.

I don't have a van, in fact I don't even have a licence yet as always rode motorcycles, and even with my broken collarbone I'm still out there.

Best thing you can do is just crack on
Passed my car test in my early 30s for the same reason, motorbikes /emoticons/smile.png

Thanks for the advice, i went out door knocking and leaflet dropping today, got 4 cleans which i am cleaning tomorrow and two said they need gutters doing as well, i looked up and see a fairway growing in one of them so good 80 pound for that(london prices lol). will keep pounding the pavements, there is a bit of competition round, but that as always been the same but it wont deter me. on the council thanks for that advice didnt know that scheme existed. will give it a go. thanks again for all the welcomes:thumbsup:

Also a friend said if i get work that needs a motor, i can use his whilst i get myself together, handy as its an estate with roof bars, he gets the bus to work and dont need it during the day. so maybe things could be looking up:)

Hi mate and welcomeHave a word with local council and see if they do the same scheme my local council does

It's called a test trade grant

They give you up to 750 quid as long as you give them a business plan

Free and the only clause is they will give you a questionair to fill out in 12 months to see how you got on which if you don't fill out they can ask for money back

Other than that it is yours and don't pay back whatever happens

I know that won't pay for a motor but it may buy all your equipment

Good luck mate

us londoners gotta stick together lol

W10 is my area..well was moved away now
W10, nice 1, I'm a QPR fan but dont hold that against me Lol

Back