Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

DrogonFly tips?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep I'm going to pop out now to get one to see if it works upside down without water going everywhere:D

Great review but what about the frames on the insides that you can't get to high up ? If they have cobwebs and algae on them what would you use to get that off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review but what about the frames on the insides that you can't get to high up ? If they have cobwebs and algae on them what would you use to get that off?

from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good question. Frames can be done if they are square and flat. You can still get purchase on them with the scrubber pad which is thicker. And being thicker it naturally cleans the side of the frame. I did the frames of the conservatory roof which were quite dirty. If you can get good purchase with the pad it will remove mold and mildew as long as it's not deep routed. A customer of mine asked me to remove mildew from some ally frames. Even though it was doors and right in front of me, it would not come off with a wipe. You need mould killer. So in that scanario I guess you still gotta get up there! Cobwebs I've already removed. I just locked the swivel in place and wrapped a scrim around the pad and wiped them off.

I'm sure that when it comes to more intricate frames it will struggle. Will update the thread accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
To scrub plastics etc at height I use gardiner brush sockets with white none scratch pads the chepo sponge pot scrubbers you get in the likes of asda just cable tied through the sopnge to keep them on.

View attachment 2625

View attachment 2627

Being a small but firm footprint It's easy to apply pressure using cleaning chem, upvc cleaner etc on the pad whatever angle you want. Adding a microfiber cloth you can wipe the area over too.

Works for me :)

View attachment 2626

Well I failed to do a good job on the inside of a glass roof conservatory today. My back started playing up so thought it best to stop the job. I will arrange to go back another day and trad it properly instead of messing about with microfiber pads as were darn useless on that one.

Customer will make sure the funiture is all out in advance so I can make a nice mess on the tiled floor.

Now where did I put me flock of wagtails /emoticons/biggrin.png

The roof glass was in a terrible state @Tuffers as not been cleaned for years if ever. Yes I agree trad is best on filthy glass like that so will just have to remember to wear me wet suit on that one when I go back./emoticons/biggrin.png

Why I think of it where's the best/cheapest place to get some porcupine applicator sleeves?

Been super busy lately - is it just me that gets busy this time of year? - but been meaning to update this.

So last week I cleaned this place with the DragonFly.

View attachment 2677

This was by far the biggest difference I've noticed with the indoor kit. Those partitions normally require me to use a trad pole to get to the top and then squat down for the bottom half. Again and again and again! And this isn't even the biggest office I do! With the dragonfly you just stand there and clean. No tip toes. No squatting. Just simple easy cleans. A couple of the perimeter windows are obstructed by desks too. Far easier than using a trad pole at waist height! All in it trimmed 15 mins off the total indoor time! In the interests of fair comparison I wasn't rushing either. I just cruised through it. Yet when I trad this I move like an Energiser bunny.

It's not all good news though. To balance the scales I do have some bad points that are starting to get a little annoying. The small hose that is piped into the pole keeps coming lose from the push fit connector on the trigger. And the trigger itself keeps slipping out of the bracket, no matter how tight you do it. I expected better for over £400!

Really interesting office clean coming up for this kit but not due for over a month yet. One where I currently use an access platform indoors! So it will be interesting to see how it performs there. Watch this space.

Oh and I also did the front of a brown PVC house where the windows have been causing me spotting issues on WFP. I had resorted to trad methods but customer made mention that the detergent residue was visible in the right light. Having done it with the dragonfly she said they have never looked better!

View attachment 2672

View attachment 2673

View attachment 2674

View attachment 2675

View attachment 2676

The roof glass was in a terrible state @Tuffers as not been cleaned for years if ever. Yes I agree trad is best on filthy glass like that so will just have to remember to wear me wet suit on that one when I go back./emoticons/biggrin.png
Why I think of it where's the best/cheapest place to get some porcupine applicator sleeves?
Smurf I just purchased a porcupine from here this week after all the good reviews, still to give it a good trial http://www.windowcleaningstuff.co.uk/sleeves/670-ettore-sleeve-prorcupine-prices-from-653.html dont know if its the cheapest

Back