Wagtail problems scratching frames

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by morgan, Mar 18, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. morgan

morgan Member

Help

I have a wfp system which works really well, how ever the occasional customer wants traditional, I recently purchased a wagtail and found that it seems to scratch the frames? Any ideas what may be causing this? Annoying on dark pvc windows Ive tackled different angles and still have issues.

Advertisement
  2. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

If it's the alloy channel version then I suggest you file/sand the sharp edges on each end of the channel. They are very sharp when new & pretty brutal.

3. morgan

morgan Member

Your correct it is the later version and alloy, didnt seem to matter if pad was on top or underneath method. Luckily was on own windows.

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i always have an 1/8 inch rubber overhang

5. morgan

morgan Member

It has a red type rubber which seems to move from side to side a bit. Don't think that helps.

6. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

I use Wagtails for about 5 years. Never seem to have that problem.Try Dog earing the channel, and tighten the screw on top a little more to stop the rubber moving.

7. morgan

morgan Member

Will try that thank you as commented earlier it may because of being new. Luv the concept of them, trying to get use to the wagtail orbit on wfp too.

8. Dial A Window Wash

Tried them for a couple of years, didn't really get on with it? Found that the Velcro kept coming away and on deep recess frames soap would flick back on to the glass, gone back to unger cause 99.9% of work is wfp anyway so it's no issue

9. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

And alloy will scratch easier than steel.

10. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

This is probably the reason, you should fix the ends of the rubbers in with nylon ties, or similar, to stop it slipping back into the channel.

Advertisement