Wagtail slimline channel

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by 1393jason, Aug 8, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tags:
  1. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

Hi all,

I have just been told the smallest wagtail slimline channel is 14" and nothing else is compatable.

Would I be safe to cut down a 14 channel down to say 10 and it not affect performance?

Cheers
    Jason

Advertisement
  2. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Yes, just be careful when you do it. I'll just mention that the first one I bought was 14", but my main squeegee at the time was ten and a half inch, so cut it down to that. But what I found was that the Wagtail is so good (once you've got the hang of it), that I went on to use a 12" and found it really good, So I suggest you do 12" first.

3. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

Thanks Rugbywolf, I am going to keep the 14 that came with the wagtail and buy another to cut down. Its only for the smaller windows that the 14 does not fit.

4. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

I've cut, chopped, hacked, modified a number of Wagtail channels. No issues. Use a fine tooth hacksaw and ...gently gently. Get some fine grit emory paper and buff off any sharp edges. Don't forget that if you're cutting an existing channel to take equal amounts of each end as the hole for the rubber retention screw is dead centre...

5. keefo

keefo Well-Known Member

Another pole question Eric...
    Which poles apart from wagtails 1metre approx one fit the wagtail handle. Do wagtail do a bigger one. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

6. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

I am using a 5m Harris pole with an unger angle adapter and cone.

7. 1393jason

1393jason Active Member

Thanks Eric. I am going to order one and give it a go.

8. Eric Gilliand

Eric Gilliand Well-Known Member

Pretty much any pole you like Keefo. I've made a removable tip for my Reach-It mini and use the break apart section as a squeegee pole. If you're not using the Wag angle adaptor though I'd suggest grabbing one of the Gardiner Angle adaptors that Peter sells at Window Cleaning World and adapt it to your pole of choice.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use an unger adjustable crank with optiloc cone and it fits the wagtail handle better than the wagtail end

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if youre going to cut down channels i find the pulex aluminium featherlight channel is better [cheap to buy too] and its made of a harder alloy [aircraft alloy]that resists getting bent . the wagtail alloy is heavier but quite easily bent out of shape

Advertisement