Wagtail window cleaning

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Posh, Feb 1, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Ok. I bought a wagtail flipper a few years ago & dumped it into the shed as could not get on with it. Have now decided as more experienced now to have another go at doing high windows without ladder. I have watched the vids on YouTube. I can clean the windows & can squeegee them no problem. One thing that bugs me all the time & one reason why I stopped it is WHY do I get lines down the middle. On the vids they do one pull down move over & do another pull. No lines. I did the girlfriends mums today & got lines & it's really bugging me why. I do everything they do on the vids.

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

duff rubber

3. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

They gets lines too its just u cant see them

4. Posh

Posh Hero

It's not duff rubber. Same rubber I always use.

How do you put the pad on top rather then the bottom so it's not dangling?

5. Pickingpaul

Pickingpaul Forum Addict

U just tear it off the velcro and simply velcro it back on so it drops over the top. Its very hard to clean upstairs with it properly, i did it for a few months but atopped before i got any complaints, i have a very good detailing modification on mine as well

6. Posh

Posh Hero

I ripped mine apart & just used it as a normal squeegee. Done all the other mods but need to put the pad on top but have no fittings. Will the stick on Velcro stick on ok & hold the pad on???

Thanks for your help. I just need to get the pad on top DIY.

Any ideas??

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

an easy mod is to use tiny cable ties to hold the pad on.

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

cant think why youre getting lines tho. if you are doing a straight pull down ,make sure the squeegee blade is always slightly angled - not horizontal

9. lewis p

lewis p Member

I have seen wagga do straight lines on in his videos which is very naughty I think if he cant use a wagtail on a pole probably he should not show people the wrong way of using a wagtail

10. Simesy

Simesy Member

I bought a wagtail flipper about 9 months ago after watching one used on youtube and that was used the fanning way. I wanted one for a bank I started to clean every week. You have to flip the pad so it covers the rubber, applicate then let the applicator part flop back and then use the squeegee the fanning way. It has saved me time so was worth buying. However the trouble im having at the moment is the pad part seems to be come away from the velcro slightly so I have to adjust it sometimes. I actually used it for a day on domestic when I stupidly forgot to take my applicator with me and it was ok but i don't think its really designed for heavy use.

Advertisement