Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Much Rinsing Required Normally?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rafawindowcleaning

Hi just recently started out in window cleaning as some know from my.previous posts have a good few jobs under my belt now and no complaints so far fingers crossed it has to be said probably mainly.to a good advice.from this forum and ever reliable uncle Google. So thanks very much to all that contribute.to this site. Just wondering how much rinsing is required to make.sure the glass is.left clean. I.know.there are many factors but on average? I tend to rinse very thoroughly I think because.I rinse each window.top to bottom three times after solid scrubbing. But is it not.too much? Maybe I.am doing too good a job? /emoticons/smile.png not to mention that the water is really going quickly can go through 250l tank doing 6-7 houses. Any advice as always greatly appreciated

Tbh I stopped rinsing on most windows some

Months ago now. I do very very very little rinsing.

Water is cheap enough. If you are using 250L AND doing £200 then no worries.

Didn't have a high flow rate was still on a trolley. Any brush really.

Now I use an extreme black/blue bristle hybrid brush and mega high flow rate.

Interesting, will have to try it some more myself.

Last time I didn't thoroughly rinse I got terrible spotting!

Depends on the type of glass mate, some glass will always spot. Try it on your own windows, you will be surprised on how little rinsing you actually need.

I stopped rinsing patio doors about a year ago. What i mean is, i will clean the door and rinse maybe a 1/3 of the glass. Basically the top third and thats it /emoticons/smile.png

Depends on the type of glass mate, some glass will always spot. Try it on your own windows, you will be surprised on how little rinsing you actually need.

I stopped rinsing patio doors about a year ago. What i mean is, i will clean the door and rinse maybe a 1/3 of the glass. Basically the top third and thats it /emoticons/smile.png
Will do buddy, thanks for the sound advice - yet again!
Glad you're still around. /emoticons/wink.png

Will do buddy, thanks for the sound advice - yet again!

Glad you're still around. /emoticons/wink.png
Bless, cheers mate! You and anyone can always email me / call me / message me. Always happy to help.

Good advice OoO

Tried it today n saved some water

Cheers /emoticons/smile.png
Just make sure you understand when and when not to rinse. Otherwise complaint city lol

No worries

This is new ground for me

I can literally clean windows with my eye shut

(Only got one)I've done this before I sacked a labourer lol

I'll get the hang of this after I done my round and each individual house with different glass

Appreciate your advice

Once you have finished the first clean, (which I just scrub twice and then rinse ones a bit slower) its should be easy to do the following cleans. I have my flow on 18 and don't even bother to lift the brush anymore just scrub and go back and run the brush over again a little bit slower.

interesting comments guys, this helps so much, mainly doing first cleans at moment taking ages must say doing the windows twice is this the best way do you think

On first cleans I would use ubik. I have been using ubik on first cleans for quite a few months.

It basically neutralises any soap from trad cleaning. Just been helping out a new starter and after just two weeks he can pretty much clean a first clean WFP as good as me. The key with ubik is it's a lot quicker to strip the windows and frames back to as new

Just make sure you understand when and when not to rinse. Otherwise complaint city lol
And there lies the problem for us noobs.
Any tips to help with this mate - how do you know?

Cheers!

On first cleans I would use ubik. I have been using ubik on first cleans for quite a few months.

It basically neutralises any soap from trad cleaning. Just been helping out a new starter and after just two weeks he can pretty much clean a first clean WFP as good as me. The key with ubik is it's a lot quicker to strip the windows and frames back to as new
Excellent advice with the ubik. I've just started to use it on first cleans and makes such a massive difference. Dunno why I didn't start doing it sooner on house windows seeing as I always use it on conservatory windows!!

Back