Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Being Prepared For Tomorrow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

It's going to be -6 here tonight. So I've just been out to my van, filled up tank, drained reel hose, covered windscreen with big piece of cardboard, put oil filled radiator in the back and covered the pump and hoses with a house removal blanket. Hope that's enough :confused:

wow ok just seen the weather, better go drain that pump down.:thumbsup:

-6°! /emoticons/sad.png

I'm a tradder so not too much to sort out.

I'm a southern Nancy so I have booked in 2 indoor jobs, once they're done I may take the afternoon off.....

Good luck to everyone working outside over the next 2 days, be safe :thumbsup:

-5 here tonight, brought my ro unit and DI in the house. rests in the van, it dont get cold its packed with insulation because i converted it to sleep in as well.

I use a trolley, I just take the sucker tube out off bottle then turn pump on an let the remaining water pump out.

-5 here tonight, brought my ro unit and DI in the house. rests in the van, it dont get cold its packed with insulation because i converted it to sleep in as well.
Do you have a fixed bed or do you empty it of window cleaning stuff then put in sleeping gear? I hope to set up a dual wfp overnight sleeper. I have loads of ideas for one just need the funds!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Revised weather report for Saltburn. This morning it was forecast to be a low of -1 tonight. Now the forecast is a low of +1.

How do you drain your pumps?
Turn the tap off at the tank. Unscrew the filter bowl and discard the water. If the connector on your van port is a Hozelock stop connector, put in a male to male joiner. Switch on the pump. The pump will suck in air and dispel the water inside. The compressed air will push the water out of the connector at the port.

Any water droplets left inside the pump will still freeze but won't damage it.

If it is very cold in the morning then you could use a hairdryer to warm up the pump to defrost it before screwing the filter bowl back on. We have only ever had one day when the water from the tank to the pump froze solid in the pipe on Son in law's van.. It took about 1/2 an hour warming it up with the hairdryer to get some water to flow.

(We used a hairdryer rather than a hot airgun. A hot airgun gets too hot.)

Started hotwater not long ago , found out the hose inside the pole is actually generating some heat to the hands too, + really like it steaming on the glass these cold days. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Do you have a fixed bed or do you empty it of window cleaning stuff then put in sleeping gear? I hope to set up a dual wfp overnight sleeper. I have loads of ideas for one just need the funds!

its a fixed bed down the side and has a build up bit along the back doors if i need to create a second bed for my daughter when we go away. i have fresh clothes and tinned food onboard with a gas cooker etc. so if i break down im ok. also has a bmx in the back. joys of using a larger van. /emoticons/smile.png still has room for a trolley setup, my barrels ( 15) /emoticons/smile.png

Back