Want To Go Back To Work.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Masons, Jun 11, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Masons

Masons Guru

6 weeks tomorrow since my surgery.

Just want to work, want to get back to a routine, I can't even begin to explain how frustrating it is.

People on the dole must have either an ability to enjoy being bored or some other trick up their sleeve cause I have a lot of devices to entertain and I'm bored of them all.

I can't wait for my first day back, going to take it easy, earn some money and go home satisfied and relax how you're intended to relax, when you've deserved it. lol

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I know just how you feel as I was off work for a while after surgery a few years back.

When did the doc say you can start back to work?

3. Masons

Masons Guru

6 to 8 weeks, but the earlier I go back to work, the higher the chance of recurrence so giving it the full 8.

At least I can walk a bout a bit and do some light exercises but still bored out my box. lol

How long were you off work for?

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

12 months in total with one injury and last one was 6 weeks which both drove me bonkers

5. Masons

Masons Guru

Wowzers, I'd have gone bonkers!!!! ID ask what happened but that's your business. Doesn't it make you appreciate work though and being able to work?

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Yep it sure does

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Smurf.......was it a window cleaning injury?.....what happened to your customers whilst you were sidelined. Did you have to start again.
    Masons......what are you doing about your customers?. Hopefully they will all be there when you return. All the best mate.....must be really difficult. Like you say, its good to relax at the end of the day having known you have grafted.

8. Masons

Masons Guru

Thanks mrtaytay, I have 3 other window cleaning companies looking after my work, they're all being great as it means when I go back it's all there.

I'm seeing my surgeon on Monday and seeing what he say's.

Can. Not. Wait. lol

9. mr shine

mr shine Guru

its hard masons , i spent 18 months unable to work , the first 12 months i couldnt walk but when i started walking i found it a great help , so try go out walking if you can

10. Masons

Masons Guru

Thanks mrshine,I've been doing a few small walks a day, I'm meant to be able to work again in next couple of weeks it's just frustrating.

Trying not to overdo things, don't wanna take steps back.

Advertisement