Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer cancelled yesterday...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

This is the text I got

Drew, I got your message. I'm.very sorry for delay. Ive just transferred £10 to you. The reduction is cos you really aren't cleaning the windows, according to my wife and son, who observed you last time. Just hosing the windows and not wiping, leaves dirt and water marks. we've cleaned em now. But, thank you for your service. However, we

will clean them ourselves in future. Thank you. Mr xxxx

So I replied today. PS he has been kicked out of the house a few months ago and lives somewhere else.

Sorry to hear that. I was going to say nothing xxx but I think I should defend myself.

The process is called pure water cleaning. I explained it to you at the first clean. Your family watched me clean and leave with wet dripping windows and assumed I didnt finish but thats how pure water works. It dries and disappears.

Anyway

Merry christmas and happy new year.

_________

I could have been rude because it ****** me off that he didn't expain it to his family but I thought I would be the better person.

Tell me your thoughts on this text folks. 'Away for a few weeks, so leave it for now.' A regular 4 weekly clean, a pain to get money out of, I used to text the night before to get him to leave money hidden, most of the time he didn't leave any, so I didn't bother texting after I got this text and carried on with the clean. How would you read into it?

Ive had about 3 custys change from 4 weeks to 8 weeks lately.

And another 2 cancel for the winter! /emoticons/sad.png

no idea really as it sounds like the first part is a customer then a windy replying to that message :confused:

Tell me your thoughts on this text folks. 'Away for a few weeks, so leave it for now.' A regular 4 weekly clean, a pain to get money out of, I used to text the night before to get him to leave money hidden, most of the time he didn't leave any, so I didn't bother texting after I got this text and carried on with the clean. How would you read into it?

youve got to get even after a text like that . ram a bamboo sliver into the doorlock ,

or the golden goose >>>- push a potato up the car exhaust , that usually costs hundreds £££££, cos nobody can find why the damn car wont start

What are you like as life is way too short to bother yourself over things like that :confused:

That reminds me how is your new starter doing?

youve got to get even after a text like that . ram a bamboo sliver into the doorlock ,
or the golden goose >>>- push a potato up the car exhaust , that usually costs hundreds £££££, cos nobody can find why the damn car wont start

no idea really as it sounds like the first part is a customer then a windy replying to that message :confused:
I texted to say I was cleaning tomorrow and he replied with 'Away for a few weeks so leave it for now.' I left out that clean, but I continued next time round without texting him. Would you think that he was cancelling until further notice from the text?

nope I would think he meant the one clean...and remind him just what a maintance clean is.../emoticons/biggrin.png

me likes the monthly cleans...seems easier somehow:rolleyes:

I think you handled that really well koop. The fact that he settled up shows that you did. Personally I would be tempted to have a bit of a go at him for sending the extra money, but with no apology, but like smurf rightly says, lifes too short.

@Tuffers ,its the risk you take with texts like that. I personally just leave them out for a month or two by which time they are dirty enough for them to really want them cleaned, and then just continue as normal.

The bummer here is he is not paying you and you canny get the money left

Its a pain trying to get money this time off year

**** weather miserable days folk part with there dish easier when its better weather

Hahahaha I had a custy, used the pole on her house, so sat in the car having a break, saw her coming out with a tea towel and started rubbing her windows with it like there was no tomorrow. So I said noooooooooooooooo!!!!! so had to do a few windows all over again.

Bless her though, she thought I did half a job.

What are you like as life is way too short to bother yourself over things like that :confused:
That reminds me how is your new starter doing?
i find that if i dont "get even" in some way ,i then get bitter n twisted . in a former career as a mechanic i was too soft and ended up bitter n twisted ,tho in the last few months at it got some satisfaction by doubling or trebling bills of certain bad egg customers . however money doesnt do it for me

the new lad, well its early days but he Seems like he is going to be okay.he was a bit Gobby at first, i thought uh oh PLEASE not another bragger - but pointing out to him a 3rd floor window and the big ladder to match it ,shut him up.

To the custys that cancelled for the winter, i replied with;

"yes thats ok, when you want to resume in the spring, please contact me for a quote".

And to the ones who shift from 4 to 8 weeks i reply with;

"yes thats ok, ill come every 8 weeks, the price will be...xxx (increased price)"

Back