Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I'm Trying Tradding

Richy

Sold all the WFP gear at the weekend. Found out my old Unger stuff and put some streaks on my windows ha.

So I watched loads of You Tube videos and I am slowly getting there.

Going to get a Wagtail flipper today for where the ladders won't go.

I am sure it's the right decision for the work I have. I never really took to wfp, I'm not knocking it and the customers were happy it's just me.

Thought I would explain so as not to confuse people when I ask for advice

Cheers

Rich

Pole and a wagtail hmmmmm...You will regret it sure as eggs is eggs you will

Good luck anyway :Image9:

Pole and a wagtail hmmmmm...You will regret it sure as eggs is eggs you will

Good luck anyway :Image9:
Ooh err!

Why is that then? Tis only for a few over connies or extensions with sloping rooves.

Are they uncontrollable?

Nice1 nvr heard of some1 going from wfp to traditional
However I word this I'll sound mad and I'm definitely not knocking wfp. It's just more satisfying for me.Plus that chap in the Unger videos is my hero. Specially using applicator and squeegee at the same time.

I know what you mean, I do some wfp work, above conservatorys roof, and hard to reach windows, and I can do a really good job, they look amazingly clean, but am never satisfied!

But when am doing trad, can be really satisfying.

It's a lot more difficult than it looks to get good constant results. Whereas for me I've found it much easier using wfp or maybe I'm just not very good with a wagtail on a pole.... :Image3:

Ooh err!

Why is that then? Tis only for a few over connies or extensions with sloping rooves.

Are they uncontrollable?

Never heard of it either but power to ya mate, I'm doing more wfp now (all tops) but still love trad work theres something about it that wfp could never have and can't see me going 100% wfp.

Can't see a problem with it myself. If that's what you want to do that's great. I will stay trad till either they ban ladders or I'm to old to climb them. Even then will only wfp tops. Trad all the way for me.

Well it's all your fault /emoticons/smile.png

Until I started spending too much time in here I was planning to build up the wfp.

Then I found the gutter cleaning and pressure washing forum. Loads of good advice and made me think 'I can do that'.

Lots of my customers were interested.

I had a good look at my houses, most can be done trad. I treated myself to a new set of ladders, if all goes well I'll get a lighter set just for windows. At the moment they have to do everything.

So onwards and upwards.

Just think of the freedom going trad! go to work with a pole and a hip belt with water bottle to wet your applicator a coples of scrims and sill cloth! No ladders!

No dragging hoses carrying lots of water sack trolley/ van mount nothing to break down the list goes on!

I would go fully trad myself but have a lot of houses with the small leaded lights!

James, I thought the exact same thing. Plus I don't have to concentrate on where the water is spraying. It was right there at the end of me fingers today. Not going over some poor 5ods fence ha!

Back