Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Useful tools.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GSS Window Cleaning

Just thought I'd post some of the useful tools I've used that just help you out that little bit more! Everyone likes an easy life!! If you can think off anymore then add them as allways looking for an easier way!!

1. Gardnier attachment for traditional tools, just brought this attachment that allows you to use trad tools on a Gardnier pole. I use an old pole and keep it in the van now and can attach an old mop and wipe off the excess water and bits off the sills on a new clean or them sills that leak dirt!! Very handy.

2. Gardnier scrapper for use with the white scratch pads. Use this little gem agen on the old pole in the van to remove them stubborn insect stains or bird poo! Just brought a load of white pads off ebay for a couple of quid that I cut to size!! And just scratch the insect stains off knowing you won't scratch the glass.

3. Magic spones and unger rub out!! What a combination removes anything lol brilliant on first cleans when the sills are mucky and good for them scuffs and staining on upvc!!

4. D.A components softwash sprayer attachment! Yet again on my pole. Mix up some chems in my backpack and use this too apply the chems so neat and no over spray!! Better than using a sprayer I've found.

5. Unger cobweb brush!! What a find this was attach it yet again to the old pole and use this too scrub the gutters,Facia,soffitts and consevatory roofs!! Literally don't know what i did with out this before lol

6. Ubik and virsol and tfr. Used all these and found them all to be good but think I'll stick to my tfr £20 for 25 litres and literally needs a drop so very cheap. The only good thing I've found with ubik which I will be keeping it for is the odd window which leaves a drip mark I just spray a bit on the brush head and rinse and never had and issue!!

7. Fine wire wool use this only upvc and sills and seems to get even the hardest staining off I know some will say it will scratch but I only use the finest grade.

8. Ladder matts be lost with out these for leveling the ladders. Allways in the van!!

9. Ladder stand off and ladder mitts. Both agen make like easier no marking sills with the ladder mitts and the ladder stand off makes life easier when clearing gutters I carnt do with the gutter vac.

10. Gutter pro tools!! Yet again how did I not use these before!! Brilliant for pulling dirt and debris from the gutter above a consrvatory and combined with a long pole they will get most conservatorys

11. X hose water jet from argos!! For £20 this bad boy saves me so much time especially when the customers water pressure is pants!! Use this for rinsing down facias, gutters, soffits and conny roofs!!

Carnt think of any more but if you guys do please feel free to add them!!

Gaz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back