Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer info sheet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Albawinclean

I was thinking about giving new customers an info sheet with a bit about my business and explaining a little bit about the window cleaning service.

Any ideas of things to include about the how's and whys or things I shouldn't include, or if giving them an info sheet is pointless and a waste of time in the first place?

I was gonna include about me (local, family run etc), bit of info about the window cleaning method, how often they can sign up for maintenance cleans, payment methods and a bit about adverse weather (rain, too windy for ladder work)

I'm trad only at the moment.

Any feedback would be great, cheers.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldnt bother with it

They need to know me..to pay

My van.my phone n bank details or address to send cheq...thats it really

I turn up wen i want..clean wen i want n yes in the rain too

if a customer see's info sheets they might get a little worried that its some sort of legal obligation or that your some kind of middle man like an estate agent

Agree with " they might get a little worried that its some sort of legal obligation"

I was down at my old dears place today and was talking to someone who had a similar experience with a domestic cleaner. They started with info sheets and then it progressed to trying to sign them up for 6-12 month domestic cleans. NOT saying you would do this but this most customers might start flapping.

Personally, where you can spend 5 mins chatting to your cust and build a relationship that way.

Cookie, this domestic cleaner, ex forces in Fishguard, your stomping ground (my old dear is in Scleddau) have you heard anything in the same vein?

I was thinking about giving new customers an info sheet with a bit about my business and explaining a little bit about the window cleaning service.
Any ideas of things to include about the how's and whys or things I shouldn't include, or if giving them an info sheet is pointless and a waste of time in the first place?

I was gonna include about me (local, family run etc), bit of info about the window cleaning method, how often they can sign up for maintenance cleans, payment methods and a bit about adverse weather (rain, too windy for ladder work)

I'm trad only at the moment.

Any feedback would be great, cheers.

I think it's fine to do chap, I would just take your time about wording it properly, my guess is you want your customers to respect you more, and not cry off when is raining and that right? I was going to do a leaflet because I know others have but in the end I settled for writing this on the back of the bill slip which works for me:

What is a maintenance clean?

It is a clean every 6-8 weeks for a low price that ensures you have clean windows all year round

Does my cleaner clean in the rain?

YES….. It doesn’t make a difference if he cleans in the rain or sunshine because he is still cleaning away the last 6 weeks of dirt and thus maintaining the cleanness of your windows. And the chances are with British weather that it will rain after a clean anyway.

If you are building or going on holiday and need to skip a clean please call ahead so I can adjust my diary. Many Thanks, Kent: 079*****357

I think it's fine to do chap, I would just take your time about wording it properly, my guess is you want your customers to respect you more, and not cry off when is raining and that right? I was going to do a leaflet because I know others have but in the end I settled for writing this on the back of the bill slip which works for me:
What is a maintenance clean?

It is a clean every 6-8 weeks for a low price that ensures you have clean windows all year round

Does my cleaner clean in the rain?

YES….. It doesn’t make a difference if he cleans in the rain or sunshine because he is still cleaning away the last 6 weeks of dirt and thus maintaining the cleanness of your windows. And the chances are with British weather that it will rain after a clean anyway.

If you are building or going on holiday and need to skip a clean please call ahead so I can adjust my diary. Many Thanks, Kent: 079*****357
thinking about it, it is quite blunt but it does separate the messers from the ones that will give you respect.

thinking about it, it is quite blunt but it does separate the messers from the ones that will give you respect.
Quoted and booked in a customer yesterday for a post reno clean. When I spoke to her in person and had a walk around the house I pointed out the paint on the glass from painting the frames and that it will take longer to clean to safely and properly remove the paint and some other debris, she told me not to worry about the paint on the glass and that she was going to remove it herself before I cleaned with a paint scraper!!

Back