Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Town house

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Den

Was out today leaflet dropping not working picked up a couple of jobs when a woman approached me and asked for a one off clean front only, three story town house 3 big and 1 small dirty windows and a door, to be honest don't think my slx22 would reach anyway I quoted £12 she thought that was extortionate is that too much what's your views considering she didn't want any maintence cleans afterwards.

For me that was too cheap, I charge 10 to go to 2nd floor on a regular service so one off would be a score.

That said all areas are different but you set your prices and the most important thing in this business I feel is stick to your prices /emoticons/wink.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

To be honest I didn't want the job only want regular customers for now, but because she was in the area I was leaflet dropping and trying to build up custom I thought go cheap maybe get a recommendation out of it how wrong was I lol.

Btw it was a very expensive house.

id have done it for £8-9... You were there already, would have taken 15mins? a quick scrub and rinse with the pole, the neighbours get to see you in action too... And although she might not have been willing To commit on the spot to regular cleaning, it might have been a nice little bonus job now and again when she catches you cleaning the neighbours...

Understand what your saying high tower, Was in the wifes fiesta not the van so would have meant driving home 6 mile round trip like I said don't think the slx22 would have had a long enough reach anyhow, but good to hear everyone's opinions.

@Damo slx22 will reach won't it??

Not any higher than the 3rd floor dormer windows on your new build estates

May be a stretch but is should reach

This was older older house going to order an extension for my 22 next week bloody expensive setting up, have 10 customers now walked my socks off the last couple of days lol Be worth it in the long run.

if it was a 3 story with high ceilings ie proper 3 story lol would charged 20 for front only 12 regular front only

lol had a guy come up to me on this posh road other day says can you add me on i said yes

he says we arent always home

<<<alarm bells >>>

whta u mean

well we want them done now then wen we see u again we might get them done again

so i says aye no problem he says how much i say 50 he says im a bank manager and i dont get that much an hour i say u wanna job lol

the price is the price no barter or that stick to it and for houses where u know its a one off charge it

22 should reach on new builds. 25 min for older builds.
Unless you go round it.
Done my first 10 year old town house today the 22 was a bit of a stretch but managed ok thanks for the heads up.

i,ve got one to do above shop three storey these windows are reall bad only five but stinking

all the dirty water will go over shop front, early morning job £30 or even possible £40 she might say fluk off

Would have had to call an ambulance to this woman had I quoted them prices lol.

Den

I got 6 town houses I cleaned every 8 week for £25. Windows sills and frames

Sound like she was only expecting the glass to be cleaned and thought it only take a few minutes to clean it.

Don't go cheap cos you will regret it in the long run and also you will end up looking for more new work cos you didn't charge high enough the 1st time.

Back